1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

vintage rolex/hedi slimane

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robinsongreen68, May 13, 2009.

1. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Well-Known Member

can't say i agree- do i need to know every nuance of coffee growing to enjoy a really good brand? not necessarily. i don't need to have gone to some gourmet coffee appreciation course to allow the depth/subtlety of the flavours to become apparent to me on a daily basis. i have worn rolexes for years and feel there is a level of quality in build/aesthetics and mechanical engineering there that i value, that weathers well over time. that seems to me worth the money- and is surely the point of all that watchmakers art? i mean in terms of simple accuracy a quartz casio would keep better time.
    you're right that i might get something out of understanding more the actual mechanics of horology but where would you draw that line? people can spend a lifetime actually doing that...
    and re your earlier point about rolex not even being the best of the swiss brands, well sure. i know that! it fits my own criteria of quality, aesthetics, price, value etc...

2. canstyleace

canstyleace Well-Known Member

Old explorer 1 is definitely a nicer model than the old air king, good choice man, enjoy your watch in good health.