1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Vintage (Black) Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ninjapie, Oct 6, 2006.

1. ninjapie

ninjapie Well-Known Member

Well, I asked for some advice recently about some boots but, my dad pulled these out of his closet today. He said he bought them when he was about my age, which is about 30 years ago. (Do the 1970'si still count as vintage?)

They just about fit, slightly spacious, but this can be helped with an extra sole.
    I thought I'd share this find with you. Whaddaya think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. smw356

smw356 Well-Known Member

wow those heels are giant

3. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Well-Known Member

The riding heels limit you. Down here, nobody'd look twice, but in a lot of places people would think you're trying to be a cowboy. The Roper type heel is much less conspicuous.

4. mendel

mendel Well-Known Member

5. jpgm

jpgm Well-Known Member

those are great except for the heel.

6. ninjapie

I guess I'll try wearing them, cowboy's aren't a real big phenomenon so I wonder how people will react.
    There wouldn't be a way for shoemaker to edit them in any way?

7. j

j Well-Known Member

Yeah, you could chop off the heels and nail on a new one, but at that point you may as well buy a pair that fits from Ebay or a thrift shop or something. I agree, I'd feel kind of goofy wearing those heels around where there were not horses.

8. ninjapie

I've checked at my local shoemaker, he can take off about 1 centimeter. If the heel gets any shorter than that I'll be unable to walk on the shoes. :/
    We don't have alot of thrift shops here and I don't trust Ebay. Ebay scammed me once resulting in a bailiff at my door, so f#ck them. [​IMG]

Anyways, the hunt for nice boots goes on! There's an huge outlet opening near here in November.

9. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Well-Known Member

Ebay scammed me once resulting in a bailiff at my door, so f#ck them. [​IMG]
    Pray tell. Oh, and is there a way we can keep kitonbrioni from seeing this? I fear he may have a heart attack at the prospect of such vindication.