1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Vineyard Vines!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by HarrisonK, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Lane

Lane Well-Known Member

lol, thats cute that your friend is manager of a shitty prep store in wannabe soho.

2. kxk

kxk Well-Known Member

that said, i must admit i do kinda like VV. a playful take on what passes for "prep", kind of like lilly pulitzer for men. it's fine for what it does, i appreciate it for what it does.

and while i do understand that style is often a matter of personal preference (excluding certain things that elicit a visceral reaction), i also feel that the animosity toward the prep look is not toward the look itself, but what it claims to represent, the people in your lives that you've seen wearing it/flaunting it, etc.
    (and of course, this being the SW&D forum might have something to do with it; maybe the men's clothing board might have a little different reaction?).

by the way, as far as i know, shep and ian were in PR, not IB.

3. jaychiz

jaychiz Well-Known Member

You've been reported to the Capitalization Police.

4. Lane

Lane Well-Known Member

that said, i must admit i do kinda like VV. a playful take on what passes for "prep", kind of like lilly pulitzer for men. it's fine for what it does, i appreciate it for what it does.

and while i do understand that style is often a matter of personal preference (excluding certain things that elicit a visceral reaction), i also feel that the animosity toward the prep look is not toward the look itself, but what it claims to represent, the people in your lives that you've seen wearing it/flaunting it, etc.
    (and of course, this being the SW&D forum might have something to do with it; maybe the men's clothing board might have a little different reaction?).

by the way, as far as i know, shep and ian were in PR, not IB.

I dunno I see people who wear prep stuff as Jr. MC guys, and no one wants to be one of them.

[​IMG]

if prep is done with Schneider, Ervell, I dunno something with at least an aesthetic vision than it wouldn't be perceived as just wannabe flaunting wealth with plebe mall brand level shit

I mean look at harrisons posts...purely unapologetic drivel written by a priviliged kid who has a false sense of superiority because of his attire being in relation to upper middle class gents somehow.

5. kxk

kxk Well-Known Member

I dunno I see people who wear prep stuff as Jr. MC guys, and no one wants to be one of them. [​IMG] if prep is done with Schneider, Ervell, I dunno something with at least an aesthetic vision than it wouldn't be perceived as just wannabe flaunting wealth with plebe mall brand level shit I mean look at harrisons posts...purely unapologetic drivel written by a priviliged kid who has a false sense of superiority because of his attire being in relation to upper middle class gents somehow.
    "be one of them" =/= "think it necessarily looks atrocious apart from the personality that purchased/wore it". i don't know much about schneider, but at least as far as it goes with ervell, and other urban, young, fashionable designers: the whole notion of men chasing "fashion", as well as the slim, slim fits, kind of goes against the whole notion of american-as-apple-pie prep ideal. not putting that down at all--if so, i wouldn't be trolling SF. but you're comparing apples and oranges here. and as for aesthetic vision of VV/JCrew/et al? What, poor fit, pastel, argyle, and critter patterns on pants don't count as aesthetics? you may not find it in your taste, but nonetheless... as for harrison--im pretty sure that the closest he's come to sniffing privilege is when he wanders into georgetown looking for VV. and well, i don't mean to get antagonistic here at all, but unless you want to claim that MCs are better dressed than bankers, as far as the fashion sensibilities of the average straight-out-of-college kid on Wall St. might be reflected here: http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forum...get-your-jeans

6. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Well-Known Member

How do you know where I'm from and went to HS? Are you by chance Marty's friend who looked through my facebook?

you changed your profile picture, how cute.

[​IMG]

7. johnH123

johnH123 Well-Known Member

You guys seriously creep this guy's facebook page?

8. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Well-Known Member

btw ronald reagan sucks.

9. APK

APK Well-Known Member

I want to hang out with westside. Meet me on the links in your illest-fitting tweed blazer.

10. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Well-Known Member

You guys seriously creep this guy's facebook page?

no

11. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Well-Known Member

should i bring one that is too small and looks like the button is finna pop or should i bring one that is too big in every dimension and makes me look like i'm wearing my dad's jacket.

12. APK

APK Well-Known Member

The latter. I've already got the "button is about to pop" market cornered.

13. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Well-Known Member

btw ronald reagan sucks.

Mostly inspired Harrison in terms of hair-shittiness, I would say.

14. scientific

scientific Well-Known Member

lulz i live in WASP central and pass by a VV store every day. tonight as I walked by I thought about starting a brand called "WHITE." actually that was as I passed by RUGBY (LULZ)

15. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Well-Known Member

HarrisonK aspires to be RyJ Maduro.
    not that that's a good thing
    You saw it here first.

16. SnarlPatrick

SnarlPatrick Well-Known Member

Vineyard Vines is a parody label started by Dave Chapel. Their photos are a dead giveaway.

[​IMG]

17. themaskedcorndog

themaskedcorndog Well-Known Member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

18. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

19. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

bumpin' it for the lulz

(
    should i bring one that is too small and looks like the button is finna pop or should i bring one that is too big in every dimension and makes me look like i'm wearing my dad's jacket.

excellent distillation. )

20. jaychiz

jaychiz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

smart guy uses his real name for photobucket account, feel free to google it