1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Videogame news sites

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by dusty, Apr 15, 2006.

1. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

I have been reading IGN for years, but all the ads, generally poor writing, and replacement of news with stupid editorial content are starting to get to me. I'd like to switch to something else, but it's hard to beat IGN's industry connections for exclusives, interviews, previews, etc. So are there any alternative sites that command similar resources but have higher quality content?

2. whnay.

whnay. Well-Known Member

I know its in the IGN family but i've always enjoyed ve3d.com.

3. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

I know they changed my beloved ZDTV/TechTV into an all videogame channel called G4TV, might want to check that out.

4. Arethusa

Arethusa Well-Known Member

Insert Credit IGN is trash. They are the FOX News of the gaming world.

5. Lamo

Lamo Well-Known Member

i used to like IGN a lot back in the day.

6. Arethusa

A long time ago, they were ok. Sort of like CNN.

7. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

8. Arethusa

You could pretty much make up your own news and stand a better chance of being informed than through reading IGN. It's not really a fair comparison.

Gamespot is ok. Better than IGN, by far, but not a spectacular site.

9. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Well-Known Member

IGN's reviews read as if they were pounded out by apes. I go with 1up.com (the online home of Electronic Gaming Monthly and Computer Gaming World) and GAF (ga-forum.com) for the bleeding edge news, as a lot of industry types hang around there. And now I feel quite nerdy. [​IMG]

10. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Well-Known Member

Gamespot is pretty good; I can't recall the magazine, but I really used to get a kick out of their reviews of bad games--I think it must have been a UK magazine. The quality of the writing was outstanding, and you could tell the reviewers were really relishing the task of coming up with creative ways of saying, "this game sucks".

koji