1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. horndog

horndog Well-Known Member

Hearthstone is a cool little casual mobile game but I wouldn't put stock in it for its deeper aspects... too RNG heavy. I've been playing a lot of HOTS lately and dig the unranked system. Not as garbage as Quick Match and less stress than Hero League.

Per tradition, I will be reactivating for Legion. Might level a Demon Hunter, otherwise have a Warrior and Paladin at 100 that I haven't touched since shortly after Warlords.

2. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    First wing of Karazhan was surprisingly good. The final boss of it used a unique game mechanic that I wouldn't mind seeing the developers explore further as a new game mode.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  3. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Prince Malchezar dropped a spell caster dagger I wanted on my mage forever and could never get. I raided the shit out of Karazhan many nights wasted with my guildies up until BC ended pretty much. So many alts.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  4. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

Looking forward to Blizz's Diablo (20 years!) announcement @GC.

5. JSFrieschskys

JSFrieschskys Well-Known Member

Just beat the main storyline for Witcher 3. Hot damn that is a fine video game. On to the expansions!

6. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

Every time I start to get back to the Witcher some bullshit happens. Right now I'm stuck on a respawn in a room with 3 people, with no health, and die instantly only to endlessly endure the interminable loading screens.

7. JSFrieschskys

Are you on console? No earlier saves?

8. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

Console. I dunno. It seems to happen pretty regularly.

9. JSFrieschskys

Seems pretty weird to me. But I'm not much help to you. I'm a PC only sorta dude. Runs like a dream there.

10. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Well-Known Member

No Man's Sky is both beautifully fun and incredibly frustrating. The bugs, texture/filter glitches, TERRIBLE upsampling resolution, game mechanic bug (how d o they let me get off the starter world without first getting the requirements blueprints and then make it nearly IMPOSSIBLE to go back?!) are frustrating as hell. It's also an incredible grind fest if you let it be one. Planet and system hopping is the best way to keep the fun factor high.

The sense of wonder, exploration, learning, and a somewhat decent built in history and storyline is quite good so far. I can see this maturing over the coming months and years with mods into something far deeper. That said, it's not worth the full feature retail $60 price tag. Should have been a $30 or 40 starer game price based on the product that was delivered at launch.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  11. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

12. gort

gort Well-Known Member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

The feels

13. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Well-Known Member

I finished all of The Witcher 3 a few weeks ago. I had like 200 hours last year, then stopped playing cause other games happened. This year I went back to it, finished the main campaign, then jumped into Hearts of Stone, which has a fantastic story and it´s beautifully written, and after that I went onto Blood and Wine. Story not as strong as HoS, but it has the most beautiful setting I have ever witnessed in a videogame. Touissant is just jaw dropping beauty from wherever you see it. Easily the most put together game of this gen. Not my favorite, that honor goes to Bloodborne, but it deserves all the awards it´s gotten.

14. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

15. Mulan

Mulan Well-Known Member

16. JSFrieschskys

Hearts of Stone is such a great character piece. Just amazing storytelling.

I'm working my way through Blood and Wine, and so far I am really enjoying it. Gorgeous as hell, like you said. And all the characterization is tremendous.

17. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

https://infamousquests.itch.io/stranger-things
    Just one chapter so far though so far, afaik, and only lasts a few minutes.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  18. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

Atlas + Essence League about to go live in Path of Exile. :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  19. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Well-Known Member

Burnt out on that :(

20. Reggs

Reggs Well-Known Member

Deus Ex would not start for me. I think it's been patched so I will try again tonight. Anyway, have not started yet. I also forgot that I preordered the Batman: The Telltale Series. That's going to be fun. I love Telltale games.

I also preordered Mother Russia Bleeds, which comes out tomorrow and I can't wait!

So Badass! I really love the dark brutal world they made, and the music in all the gameplay footage is amazing. I'm sure this going to be a lot of fun.