1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

Going to post it again: if you play Destiny on the XBone, let's save the universe together!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  2. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

Thoughts on Fallout 4? I read that it's the same thing over again but I've never played any of the Fallouts so was thinking about getting this one to start. Been playing lots of Europa Univeralis 4 lately, terrific strategy game and history lesson rolled into one.

3. wojt

wojt Well-Known Member

^I've played all fallouts besides 4, have to play it yet :p You should try some old Fallouts they are really good,
    still I think 1st was best, but really enjoyed them all Tactics was average rest was really playable and fun

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  4. brokencycle

brokencycle Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for Fallout 4 to go on sale because the launch is always buggy. I figure in a month or two, prices will drop - PC games seem to drop price quickly, and they'll have a couple patches that clear up a lot of bugs.

5. Reggs

Reggs Well-Known Member

All prices drop. That said there was some wide range study a while ago and Bethesda games keep their value longer than any other games out there. I might get this game after a few patches, and I'm sure I will pay full price for it, or no more than 15% off.

Fallout Tactics was a good game. It was a nice diversion that honored the series well. I was not able to get into Fallout 3, and I tried to the tune of 15 hrs or so. The world looked too ugly and I did not like the combat. I might give 4 a shot.

1 person likes this.
  6. brokencycle

brokencycle Well-Known Member

I don't know where you're getting your numbers, but slickdeals has had front page deals for Fallout for <$50 or a $25 gift card when buying it.

7. Mulan

Mulan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. Slips

Slips Member

I didn't find any bugs in my games with more than ten hours.

9. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Well-Known Member

I´ve played quite a bit today and I did run into some bugs but nothing major. One weird thing is the subtitles didn´t load during an initial mission. First time in the Fallout universe and I´m having a blast.... Game is scary at times, like some of those Ghouls lunging at you. Most creatures go from a regular speed to sudden, really fast movements to attack you.

10. RedLantern

RedLantern Well-Known Member

The game seems harder than previous versions, could just be that I'm not used to it yet. Ammo is pretty scarce for me at this point. Not used to the new skill trees yet. Map functionality is severely lacking.

11. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    New META since the League of Explorers exp hit has been great! Reno Paladin forever. New favorite deck to play. :)

12. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

Still no combo breakers other than secrets, right?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  13. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Well-Known Member

I´m playing on Normal and it hasn´t been a picnic. On one quest I died like 15 times trying to kill a bunch of ghouls inside a fucking building. But the world is so vast that it allows you to level up before going to any mission that might be too hard,

14. RedLantern

RedLantern Well-Known Member

^^ blast radius of explosives seems much larger than in past games. Its almost impossible to get away from a well-thrown one as I almost never see them in the air and once you see the on screen alert it's very difficult to get away from them.

15. Jr Mouse

Combo breakers? What do you mean?

16. otc

otc Well-Known Member

I'm assuming he means ways to interrupt/respond to an opponents moves.

It's a standard element in other card games, but honestly, it is kind of nice to have in hearthstone.

You don't have to worry about your opponent screwing your plans during your own turn (other than a secret, which you know is in play), and you also don't have to fully pay attention and leave mana available during your opponent's turn.

Sure, it means there can never be things like an MtG counterspell deck...but does anybody like playing against one?

17. Jr Mouse

Yes "secrets" are the only real way to counter moves when it's not your turn other then minions with taunt. I never played MtG other then once or twice casually and know HS gets hate from its fans, but honestly the game is starting to get very deep. From what I know about MtG this is coming from different game design directions.

18. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I am saying it is a nice change and simplifies a lot of things (would be shitty to play online if you had to wait for your opponent to react to every single card you played).

But being able to interrupt an opponent's turn leads to an excessive amount of depth.

Counterspell is basically the best example of that. It is a card that only costs 2 to play, and you can play it in response to any card your opponent plays (in your turn or theirs).
    If you play it, it cancels whatever card they just tried to play. Doesn't matter what it is,doesn't matter how much it costs, etc. You play it and all of the sudden their giant 7-cost creature is simply gone (and they don't get the cost or the card back). So kind of like polymorph except it can work on any card, doesn't have to be your turn, costs half as much, and doesn't even leave them with a sheep (and since it happens before the card enters play, it isn't hindered by "can't be the target of spells" type abilities).

On one hand, being able to do things like that adds a ton of depth to the game. On the other hand, it can also be obnoxious as shit to play against. In hearthstone, you can just power through your turn without your opponent's full attention.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    2 people like this.
  19. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I meant. I haven't been following the HS meta in a while but from what I've heard it centers a bit much on board control and viable decks are quite limited. Plus arena turned into a rng fest.

20. Jr Mouse

The game's meta goes through phases. It's actually been very aggro deck centered lately, but the first wave of the recent League of Explorers expansion has allowed control decks to make a return. The 2nd wave of TLoE just hit this week and two more are coming soon, so I expect there to be a lot of shifting in the meta as people figure out what works.

Arena is a blast. It's one of the best things about the game and is a great diversion when the meta starts to feel stale. If you don't like rng then certainly HS isn't for you, but I don't feel the game has gone too far down that path yet.

This week's Tavern Brawl has been fun, but I haven't played it much since i'm enjoying experimenting with my new Reno Paladin in the meta.