1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Well-Known Member

Have you tried World of Tanks?

2. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Well-Known Member

Played a ton of Witcher 3 this weekend. Some quests just go on forever and take you all around and it´s so damn satisfying when you finish them. I´ve put in so many hours but I take one look at the map and I see tens and tens of points I haven´t visited. Every time I go to a notice board I pick up new contracts, new side quests, etc. There´s so much to do in this world and it sometimes can feel a bit daunting but I also appreciate that I´ll probably have new things to discover for months.

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Been grinding out a lot of TERA and playing CS 1.6 death match.

What are games with good soundtracks? Mass Effect 3 and Skyrim seem to have some great tracks based off of Pandora.

I want to be engrossed and I think a good soundtrack or even background music will keep me engaged more. I think that is why I was into RPG games.

4. Mulan

Mulan Well-Known Member

5. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

game's so expansive

this is going to sound odd, but hotline miami.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  6. VaderDave

VaderDave Well-Known Member

I just bought this this weekend. I was a huge Skyrim fan so I'm looking forward to wasting many hours in this new universe.

7. indesertum

it's really really buggy on the PC. i think my best advice would be to not buy equipment and instead look for the witcher gear sets. also yennefer is a bitch

8. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

I played it upon release and it was pretty smooth, only stamina occasionally not regening, etc, nothing game breaking. There's been 5 patches since so most of the bugs should be fixed.

9. indesertum

i dunno if you're playing on PC but there's a bevy of minor bugs that are really annoying. had to google a third of the quests to solve the bugs.

10. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

on pc yea, got it from GoG, the only one that I remember was my stamina not regenerating outside of combat, but if I'd meditated it'd be fine.

11. iamacyborg

They worked with the guys at Acronym on that jacket IIRC.

12. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

Bastion has a great soundtrack and is fun on your tablet. Excellent for traveling.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  13. indesertum

bastion was such a great game. finishing it left an empty hole inside. i really didnt like transistor

14. iamacyborg

The narrator made that game, I really should play it again, never got around to completing it first time around.

Scrolls, Mojang's CCG is being shut down next year, which is odd considering how many new CCG's were announced at E3 this year.

1 person likes this.
  15. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

+1
    I've actually been listening to the soundtrack, or what's available of it, on Spotify a few times lately.

Brawlhalla is fun. Sadly, just one server in Atlanta, so ping is an issue. But I don't really notice it cause I suck anyway.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  16. Mulan

Mulan Well-Known Member

I don't know if you're into funk Funk, Boogie, Disco, etc.. but Grand Theft Auto Vice City had an amazing soundtrack. Whether you play the game or not, I think the soundtrack is worth giving a listen.
    Yup. I read the article you linked some pages back. Apparently they made one actual version of it. Obviously it won't include self retracting arm sleeves, and full body cloaking, but I'd love to eventually see it.

17. iamacyborg

18. gettoasty

My brother is trying to get me to play PoE. He said the game is what Diablo 3 was meant to be.

What are your thoughts on MMORPGs? Can you only excel at the gameplay if you P2P or can you grind it out and reap the fruits of your labor?

I spoke with my cousin who works at Nexon about this over the weekend, it's kind of split 50/50.

In WoW he did point out that you did not necessarily have to have the most impressive gear to be successful at the game. But WoW is such an expansive game. (In the example my cousin said, some guild mates were very good at crafting and were successful in that respect.)

19. iamacyborg

I think PoE is a better sequel to Diablo 2 than Diablo 3 is, but I also think Blizzard went the right way with D3 considering their target audience. You should give it a shot on the 10th if you're into that sort of game, there will be new challenge leagues, which essentially means you can start on a completely fresh economy which helps with this sort of game. It's not an easy game to get into, but it also has a metric shitton of depth which is great if you're into that.

I've never been an MMORPG fan, mostly because I never enjoyed the gameplay, but you can definitely grind them out. Of course, it depends on how aggressive the monetisation aspects are if the game is F2P. PoE is a good example there because there are literally no ways to buy enhanced power, the only things you can buy are cosmetic. But most F2P games will offer you the chance to buy things like EXP boosts.

Ultimately it comes down to the individual game, some are monetised in a much more ethical way than others. This is a pretty good example of how awful F2P monetisation can get.

[​IMG]

20. gettoasty

That is a good point about cosmetics. I am grinding out TERA Online right now and it's a mixed bag. You can spend a lot of $$$ on your character's image but at the same time you can purchase "elite status" and it makes grinding a lot easier. I had a free 3-day pass and it was wonderful.

I might give PoE a try eventually.

I am sitting in anticipation for Fallout 4, or if I stumble upon something else. Still got to checkout the suggestions above. TIA