1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

Maybe. It'll most likely be a grindfest paired with p2w though. And it probably won't even release in EU/US.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Want to play this game but Smash comes out tonight at midnight and I'm just about to put down Destiny.

Too many damn games this holiday season!

I think it's better than Origins and 2 (which isn't a difficult challenge). It's huge. It took me 15 hours to get to the point where I felt like I was through the opening of the game. Not only that, but the areas you explore actually feel fairly vast, are well differentiated from each other and look gorgeous. It's like Mass Effect 1's feel of planet exploration, except there's way more interesting things to do and it's not all a shapeless, bland lump of space rock. Writing, characters and story seem fairly in line with Bioware rpgs, combat feels good and it has a tactical mode if you like that. Definitely one of the better games of this year.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

5. CSCoHammers7

CSCoHammers7 Well-Known Member

I pretty much bought the Wii U just for Mario Kart and Smash, but there really are (finally) so many good titles for it now. Smash is consuming my life, though... Glad I was able to pick up a GameCube adaptor without a reservation, as they seem to be in very short supply.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

6. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

Well done, fnatic's cs go team. :facepalm: Way to ruin a brand that's been built up for well over a decade.

They were behind 3-13 in the dreamhack cs:go tournament. Then they started to boost, which in itself isn't that noteworthy (I think, don't really play cs:go). The thing is, they boosted and pixelwalked (i.e. walked on areas where they shouldn't be able to walk), which is forbidden. Hence, the boosted sniper had vision over pretty much the whole map. They went 16-13.

http://i.imgur.com/RRZBDE4.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/AFVdPGT.png
    https://twitter.com/sapotake/status/538416349845151745/photo/1
    https://imgur.com/a/kCizf

Edit: Apparently not pixelwalking. Anyway, weird game.
    http://i.imgur.com/oCL6xxO.jpg
    But Ninjas in Pyjamas did.
    http://i.imgur.com/dR6MsJD.jpg

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  7. Snoogz

Snoogz Well-Known Member

Do you have a gameplay link? I'd be interested in seeing it. I haven't hacked cs since like 1.5 lol

8. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

9. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance Well-Known Member

Anyone playing Destiny? Been hooked to this game last few weeks. I was a bit late to the party.

10. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Had a lot of fun playing a couple of simple indie local multiplayer games lately.

Nidhogg and Towerfall: Ascension were good times. Simple mechanics but tight gameplay. Was surprising how entertaining Nidhogg was in a local-multiplayer situation...was also a blast to watch so I might do a tournament bracket at some point.

We were playing on an awkward mix of Xbox 360 controller, non-analog-stick usb controller, and keyboard...people were capable of winning with any of them, but I've got to get a matched set just to make things fair.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  11. TheSunisShining

TheSunisShining Well-Known Member

One must play The Last of Us. Storyline is one of the most epic ever.

12. TheSunisShining

TheSunisShining Well-Known Member

Anyone still loving the Uncharted series?

13. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. Can´t wait for Uncharted 4. Hope naughty dog ports Uncharted 1-3 to PS4 in a bundle prior to the release of A thief´s end.

14. akatsuki

akatsuki Well-Known Member

Ok. Just got a ps4 and wii u. Destiny is fun up to level 20 then it seems to be a pain

15. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Well-Known Member

It is. After 20 the grind comes, and oh boy will you grind. You´ve got to get your light level up with special armor that has light level. I had a blast with the game for a good while but then I just stopped playing. Too many other games to play.

16. captainfalcon

captainfalcon Well-Known Member

I want Metal Gear Solid 5 to come out so bad.

17. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

18. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

19. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance Well-Known Member

Stay strong. I actually think 20+ is more fun. You get to do raids and strikes. The vault of glass (one of the raids) is probably the best thing in the game. You also have nightfall strikes and weekly strikes. Getting up to 20 was the grind for me. The story is non existent.

20. akatsuki

akatsuki Well-Known Member

Yeah, I now am 29. But literally two of my friends have PS4s and Destiny, so basically it means I will need to whore out to a site like DestinyLFG to get something together for the VoG and EOC raids. Annoying.

Is there a SF gamer-tag thing going? On PSN, I'm tkn__x (two underscores), feel free to add me, but let me know you are from SF. Definitely up for a weekly VoG run or daily/weekly runs.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015