1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. jungleroller

jungleroller Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  2. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

For PS4, just go to the PS Store and claim the code and it'll let you download the game.

3. jungleroller

yeah....got that there xbox one :D Have you dl'd yet? How is it?? Do they have multiplayer setup in the beta?

4. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Game is great and fun, pretty much Halo with some MMO aspect. I like it more than Halo to be honest.

For PS you need PS+ to play coop so I haven't really got deeper to playing with others in dungeons (I don't have PS+ atm) but the world exploration gets random world events that whoevers in the vicinity could play together and it's really fun.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  5. jungleroller

Nice! Yeah I'm hoping to spend a good part of this weekend toying with it if I can get it. If not, I'll have time to finish up Wolfenstein. :slayer:

Might have to pick up ps4 at some point....

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    That white PS4 is sex.

7. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Well-Known Member

That white PS4 destiny bundle might make me do a crazy thing and get a second ps4.... so tempting.

I pre-order the destiny beta but I`ve downloading for a day. 14 gb takes its sweet time here. Close to 80% at the moment. I just want it to end in a few hours so I can play non stop the rest of the weekend.

8. jungleroller

of course destiny beta for xboner isn't available til the 23rd...

9. jungleroller

What a weekend. Didn't have much time to get into the Destiny Beta but what I did play I really enjoyed. Some of the level 8 bosses and Devils Lair fuckin hard. I did a lot of exploring and found some secret bosses and what not. I'm really looking forward to September. Kinda sucked last night Bungies Servers crashed in the middle of my final hurrah of playing but it was fun while it lasted. :slayer:

10. jungleroller

This game looks interesting. Evolve.

11. jungleroller

The one thing I was blown away by is the skys/clouds in Destiny.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

1 person likes this.
  12. Ataturk

Ataturk Well-Known Member

Every now and then I like to try a new PC game. This time it was "Gone Home," an Indie quasi-adventure game from 2013 that was very well received. It has an interesting premise -- the protagonist is a college student who comes "home" to visit her parents in their new house -- an old mansion -- and finds that no one's home. Oh, and it's set in 1995, so she can't just text "were r u." The game was cheap, short, and nearly universally praised by reviewers for the story, so even though it didn't sound like my cup of tea, I decided to give it a shot.

It's nostalgic and voyeuristic and plays with your expectations of games and movies -- which is fun, and the story (at least, the secondary story) is interesting and has more depth to it than I was expecting. But the gameplay -- to the extent you can call it that -- is tedious. It's like reading a book, except the pages are scattered around and they're not numbered so you have no way to know whether you've found them all.

And unfortunately I found the way the game unfolds very contrived and occasionally inexplicable. For example, periodically voiceovers from another character appear out of nowhere, and almost all of the hints to the main plot are inexplicably revealed in chronological order. Things are found in places no real person would ever leave them. And after you finish the game, you'll realize that the whole setup made no sense whatsoever.

So C+ at best, but more interesting than another shoot 'em up game at least.

13. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

It is tedious. It's more like a choose your own adventure book or a point and click puzzler than it is like a tradition game. I rather liked it with the plot twists and stuff. I didn't know anything about it and thought it was going to be a horror FPS

14. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Yeah, I almost bought that during the steam sale...luckily I decided to read a little bit more about it first and discovered basically what Ataturk just said.

15. Ataturk

Ataturk Well-Known Member

I'm glad I didn't read the reviews past where they said it was a mystery game. Not knowing exactly what kind of game it was kept me on edge for a while, especially with all the red herrings scattered throughout the early part of the game.

What got me, though, is that I missed an explanation for one big red herring and was confused for the rest of the game. Apparently...

The blood on the tub is just red hair dye, which I would have known if I'd clicked on the stupid bottle next to it. Of course I didn't because the house is full of stuff just like it that does nothing, and you can only click on the stupid tissue box that's in every room so many times before you get sick of it. That, and I never suspected anything because it doesn't look like hair dye. And when you do pick up the bottle, the voiceover says was used almost a year ago. And it's still sitting next to the tub which hasn't been used since then? Hair dye doesn't stain porcelain, at least not like that. Also the voiceover mentions a mirror, but there aren't any in the whole house (it's something you look for if you played old FPS games).

I did go back and read some of the professional reviews, and I was disappointed that no one pointed out the many contrivances and the overall poor play of the game.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  16. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Speaking of mirrors...

the bathroom scene with a mirror in Doom 3 is one of the only truly "HOLY SHIT" moments I've ever had playing a video game. I don't think I had ever seen a mirror in an FPS before...and the reveal is quite freaky.

17. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Well-Known Member

I finished The Last of Us remastered on grounded difficulty yesterday and it was quite the ride. No hud, can`t check your health or how many bullets you have left in the chamber/clip, very few resources, you can get killed by 1 shot at times, AI is much better on all enemies (like clickers who can even hear you crouching if you don`t approach extremely careful), and much more to make it a tough experience. But it was worth it. Now to the same with the dlc, Left Behind, which will end up being impossible probably.

18. Snoogz

Snoogz Well-Known Member

Anyone play dota2? Just curious

19. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

^Yes.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014