1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Well-Known Member

Who´s getting ready to tear the DUP asunder???

2. phoni

phoni Well-Known Member

At one point I think I was clocking in around 45-50 hours a week in WoW; I wasn't even in a hardcore raiding guild... How did I stop? I moved continents; my new flat had abysmal internet speeds (laaaaag) so I was forced to do other things.

Stick of Truth was worth it; I don't normally buy games at launch (hello Steam sales/Humble bundles!) but this was the correct decision.

Doing a Game+ run on Defender's Quest, but not sure I can be bothered to finish it; when it comes to TD games I'd rather play Kingdom Rush.

I was looking at getting a Wii U but now I'm kinda tempted to get the PS4 for this Second Son thing; reviews are solid.

3. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Have done pretty much everything minus learn every lore and rage in ff6 on ipad. So good.

Going on a 10 day trip to europe tonight and have all episodes of walking dead season 1 (telltale video game) loaded up on my iPad to play on the flights if I am awake. Hope it's good.

4. worakl

worakl Well-Known Member

It's ridiculously good.

5. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Have to get the FF-X HD remaster soon for my PS3. Easily my favorite FF game. Haven't played it in forever.

1 person likes this.
  6. Reggs

Reggs Well-Known Member

I'm so tempted to get an Oculus Rift DK2. I think Id get my $390(shipped) out of it, but it would be frustrating if they released the consumer version in a year or so. I played DK1 and thought it was amazing.

FF-X was a chore to play. I did like the node based ability system. Titus and Yuna were awful, boring characters. I also think X is when the art when from stylized to ridiculous.

7. wojt

wojt Well-Known Member

did anyone here pay Planescape Torment and thought it was a masterpiece like I do ?

8. Jr Mouse

Once I got used to the game, I didn't really find it a chore at all. I'd also counter by saying that Auron was easily one of the best FF characters to date. I also enjoyed the overall story and loved the ending.

X's art felt fresh at the time. At this point I would honestly like to see Square return to more stylized designs for a game or two.

9. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Well-Known Member

That was the last FF I played. Sad.

I haven't had the time to touch an RPG since.

10. phoni

phoni Well-Known Member

Nice Baldur's Gate avatar :)

Yup, easily top 3 best writing in an RPG. Bought the GOG version for a couple of friends but the dated interface proved a bit too hardcore for them :/

I contributed to the Kickstarter for the kinda-sequel, Tides of Numenera; can't wait!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torment:_Tides_of_Numenera

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  11. wojt

wojt Well-Known Member

thanks!

Yea the interface is dated. If you haven't played something similar it might be too hardcore idd.
    Still loved the game for its writing. It's uncommon for a game to have a depth like that.

Just looked up Tides of Numenera and it looks promising. Music by Mark Morgan:) good choice,
    good it's not a direct sequel.

12. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

does anyone play dota 2? finally got it working on my mac. play with me! i think i'm a relatively average player. username same as sf id: nahneun. friend me!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  13. gort

gort Well-Known Member

I freaking loved FFX. FFX-2 was like Charlie's angels.

14. AldenPyle

AldenPyle Well-Known Member

Played it, liked it but didn't love it. I've never played a game with a better story than P:T, but I've read hundreds of books with better stories. Like it or not, the thing that video games are really good at is presenting manageable strategic or tactical situations or puzzle solving. P:T didn't do an exceptional job at any of those things.

15. Jr Mouse

I couldn't get into FFX-2. The overall vibe just turned me off. Sad too as I heard the core game play is nice.

16. wojt

wojt Well-Known Member

There's also highly subjective 'immersion factor' how much the game sucks you in. Music and graphics/art contributes to that. I that regard I consider PST a top notch game. There were games with better graphics or combat mechanics but they didn't have "it".

17. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

Giving Far Cry 3 another play through since I never finished it first time around. Great game.

Also, RoS goes live at midnight. :slayer:

18. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Well-Known Member

Anyone play Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes yet? I'm looking forward to playing it, but am surprised on how short everyone says it is given its $30 retail price.

19. AldenPyle

AldenPyle Well-Known Member

Fair point. Though, I always thought the Infinity Engine games had the best mechanics ever, just Torment didn't use them well. Did you get the EE of BG or BG2?

20. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Well-Known Member

I got it on release day and already finished the main mission and the side missions. Main mission is short indeed; you can actually finish it under an hour, but with the side missions, collectibles and the replay value you´ve got a good 8 hours at least. I´m currently playing all the missions in hard and trying to get S score, though I get easily frustrated if spotted and have to go at it again. For me it was nice little preview for when The Phantom Pain finally comes out. As a MGS fan, it was nice be back as Snake/big boss, and the game comes with a very cool side mission (that you must unlock) if you get it for Playstation. Another plus is how beautiful it looks on the ps4.