• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viccel.com socks

CosmeDaniel

Reaction score
Looking forward to my order arriving. As someone with small feet it's incredibly frustrating walking into apparel shops and only finding "one size fits all" socks or those who only fit shoe sizes 9 through 12. Most shops around my area that sell Pantherella, Corgi, etc., don't bother carrying small and extra-small sized socks.
mad.gif

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you still have the 100% wool socks available by chance? I have a pair of 100% wool that have held up for over 15 wears, and would love to purchase more. They are thicker than my pantherella, and I really like them.

Specifically, the navy over-the-calf in size 11-12ish.

Edit: not sure why so many others have been having problems with them. I wash on gentle cycle and always hang dry. I don't walk a lot either, so my socks don't take too hard of a beating.

Last edited:

Deedee

Reaction score
I placed an order on December 12th, but the order status hasn't changed from "Being Prepared. ."

Is this typical until it gets past customs?

I also ordered on the 12th but my order changed to 'shipped via regular post' on the 19th, so I guess it should have changed if it is send out.

Galix

Reaction score
I ordered a couple of months ago and got my socks after aprox. 3 weeks, but the status at their website never changed from "Being Prepared". So I guess sometimes it just doesn't update the status.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered my socks from Viccel at January 12th, and i haven't received them yet. At the PTT's site, it says there is no delivery information for my socks. But at viccel's homepage it says it's "Being Prepared". Anyone gone the same problem? I'm not sure if i'm even going to receive my socks.

(Sorry for the bad English)

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My socks always took around a month to get to me.

ktrp

Reaction score
Ordered 6 recently. Got them in about 2 weeks.

The only drawback is that there is no visible logo to let everyone know what fine socks I have. I remedied this by removing the turkish stamps on the package, and then pinning them to my socks. I've been getting knowing nods from other well hosed gentlemen during my morning commute.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But does it say "There is no delivery information for the item" in your tracking?

Pic related

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
It means that your pack left Turkey on 14.1.2012 to your country.
You may check the same register id from your postal service's web page

But does it say "[COLOR=FF0000]There is no delivery information for the item" [/COLOR]in your tracking?

Pic related

WingTips

Reaction score
so finally after some relatively light use my collection of around 7 pairs of winter weight (thicker) cotton socks has been reduced down to about 3 pairs. similar to reports above i have had the appearance of holes despite relatively light wear. these socks have only been worn on weekends and in decent quality footwear and are washed in accordance with the manufacturers guidance

unfortunately my comments on a recent customer survey which i dutifully completed were never responded to which is a shame

its a shame because the fit and colours are quite good but the quality doesn't quite cut it for me so i wont be buying more

i think the mercerised cotton socks in marks and spencer are actually better quality but shame they are not made in otc lengths

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score

so finally after some relatively light use my collection of around 7 pairs of winter weight (thicker) cotton socks has been reduced down to about 3 pairs. similar to reports above i have had the appearance of holes despite relatively light wear. these socks have only been worn on weekends and in decent quality footwear and are washed in accordance with the manufacturers guidance
unfortunately my comments on a recent customer survey which i dutifully completed were never responded to which is a shame
its a shame because the fit and colours are quite good but the quality doesn't quite cut it for me so i wont be buying more
i think the mercerised cotton socks in marks and spencer are actually better quality but shame they are not made in otc lengths

We try to answer all customer mails and really working hard for 100% customer happiness but there must mistake that we missed your customer survey, please send PM your mail and I will check it personally. And will do my best.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I purchased 4 pairs of socks + 1 free which was highly appreciated. Don't know whose wise idea it was here that I read which suggested SIZING DOWN! Once again styleforum has failed me on sizing for items. I'm not even a big guy (6'0 - 160 lbs even). I have to order the 4 pairs of socks which I sized down on again. Oh well, also picking up some other colors this time. The socks themselves are great and are the best socks to ever be worn on my feet. Customer service is EXCELLENT. Kemal is a pleasure to work with.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought about ten pairs between Jan 2010 and Jan 2011, and all are still in fine condition. Hang dry.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sucks trying to tell mom/gf to not put socks in the dryer though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads