1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Sep 9, 2013.

Tags:
  1. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Well-Known Member

What type of calf was being used before the French calf?

2. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

Did we lose some steam here. Are we getting a peek at the grey swatches only after people get their boots?

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

With the first round pretty much wrapped up, I will open this up again. I am going to post the grey swatches once I get the greenlight from Guy. How about we try for 3 styles this time around? I'll send at least the favorite two to the store.

Take a look at the main Viberg thread for inspiration: http://www.styleforum.net/t/224463/viberg-boots/ Think about how awesome a boondocker like boot would look like in Tan Bison.

Cheers,

Fok.

4. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

Grey service boot w/ black stitching, plain toe, double leather midsole on a black wedge crepe sole. Gunmetal eyelets.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  5. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Well-Known Member

Any possibility of kangaroo leather on a service boot on 2030? Maybe black or a brown color like this kangaroo leather boot (http://lo30tks8mxa0t26z.zippykid.ne...vim-Folk-Kangaroo-Leather-Virgil-Boots-1.jpeg), but with a Dainite or leather sole. Maybe plain-toed, but a straight-cap-toe might work, too.

Also, maybe a black service boot on 2030 in reverse horsehide (like this http://25.media.tumblr.com/ca2cb1a9e6a1bf7f647c23f59178fd81/tumblr_mkoxz41lzJ1qgvi7no1_1280.jpg), with black edge dressing.

6. LA Guy

We are going to limit leather choices to the ones we have posted here, and some grey ones, for this round - otherwise things get a little chaotic, and we end up proposing a bunch of stuff that Viberg doesn't have enough leather to do decent runs in, in a reasonably amount of time. We already have some pretty unique leathers, including a brown that looks a lot like that kangaroo boot.

Of course, everything else is up for grabs

7. SLAB

SLAB Well-Known Member

No love for loden green srrvice boot? I think it looks great

8. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

If
    I'd be interested in a green boot

9. LA Guy

Agreed - my last shots of the loden really failed. It's a super dark moss green - nearly black under some lights. I really like it, but it's also really hard to photograph.

Cheers,

Fok.

10. stevent

11. LA Guy

12. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

^ I would definitely be in for those.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  13. sklark23

sklark23 Well-Known Member

YES FOK . YES.

This is the boot I want to get weird with. Let this happen

14. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

15. LA Guy

See, that's what I'm talking about. That's four already. What last, do you guys think? 2040? Dainite sole? How about Loden, natural welt, black dainite sole. Antique brass eyelets. Brogued cap toe. That could look phenomenal.

Okay, so I really like the Bison too, but I really don't want to see whatever you are thinking of doing. Hmmm.... You think like, a double leather sole, and the 110 last, which are both like the bookdocker, but would you guys like to see a plain toe, or a brogued cap toe. I think that either could look really good. Personally, I think that the brogued toe would look extra special, but I like both.

16. stevent

Not sure last wise but the natural welt / double black dainite / brass eyelets is good. Captoe I'm open. Toe is structured correct?

17. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

Man, I'm just waiting for those grey swatches =/

18. sklark23

sklark23 Well-Known Member

Quote: I do like the 110 for them, double leather or dainite either works for me. I really prefer the plain toe on it though. I want the bison leather to dominate the boot more than anything similar to how the boondocker has the roughout become the focus of attention on it.

What were you thinking on eyelet/hooks and their color? 10 eyelets in black would look amazing against the textured tan bison

Tongue I think black chromexcel would look really nice.

The black and tan colorway consistent throughout would be cool

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  19. dieselrocket

dieselrocket Member

Any interest in a bison chukka?

20. cpress

cpress Well-Known Member

Fok: Your suggestion of " How about Loden, natural welt, black dainite sole. Antique brass eyelets. Brogued cap toe." sounds so great that I may even buy in even though I was thinking I couldn't afford to!! I have the Viberg loden green 110 last chukkas--the leather is so great. You're right about taking pictures--it does almost look black until you wear something like black pants with them and you see the green. I didn't think I'd want another pair of loden green boots, but with your suggestion, who knows?