• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No offense intended but it seems like the same sizing questions keep popping up again and again - they are answered several times and not far back. I could really care less but give Fok a break.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No offense intended but it seems like the same sizing questions keep popping up again and again - they are answered several times and not far back. I could really care less but give Fok a break.

Yeah, I know, sorry to be a :foo:. But for a full-price one-off preorder for a boot I've never tried (and won't have a chance to try on) that's over $700 you can understand there's a little anxiety. I've read the thread but haven't seen any exact comps.

My question about UK vs. US sizing on the order page still stands, tho.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair, all the talk of UK and US sizing and sizing up and down is a bit confusing. So maybe we should throw that talk out the window and say the following (please correct if I'm wrong):

Go to a store that sells Aldens and try on the Indy boot, which is on the Trubalance last. Make a note of the size that fits best. It will typically be the size that is 1/2 size smaller than your usual U.S. size. This is your size in the Viberg 2045 last, and you should order that size on the Styleforummarket site.

Heymanniceshot

Reaction score
Yeah, I know, sorry to be a
foo.gif
. But for a full-price one-off preorder for a boot I've never tried (and won't have a chance to try on) that's over $700 you can understand there's a little anxiety. I've read the thread but haven't seen any exact comps.

My question about UK vs. US sizing on the order page still stands, tho.

To my understanding, the order page is in US sizes, but viberg's boots fits big, so people have compared it to UK sizes, hence all the posts saying it's UK. I wear a 9USD in Allen Edmonds shoes, and a 8.5USD in LL bean's Katahdin's engineer boot (which fits big). I will be ordering this boot in 8.5 on their order website.

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
To my understanding, the order page is in US sizes, but viberg's boots fits big, so people have compared it to UK sizes, hence all the posts saying it's UK. I wear a 9USD in Allen Edmonds shoes, and a 8.5USD in LL bean's Katahdin's engineer boot (which fits big). I will be ordering this boot in 8.5 on their order website.
The Katahdin, I believe, sizes similarly to Alden's TruBalance last, so this fits in with @Ambulance Chaser 's suggestion.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I just landed an unexpected freelance gig, so these are in the cards for me. Pretty stoked.

Please indulge a couple of sizing questions:

1) @LA Guy: The sizes in the pull-down menu on the Styleforum Store page are US sizes, correct? So if I take a 9.5 US, that's what I'll receive? (I've seen too many "I thought I was ordering US sizes but got the European one instead..."

2) I wear a 9.5 in Quoddy, 9.5D in various AE boots/shoes, a 9 in Chippewa. My typical Euro size is 42.5

I'll be wearing these with midweight or heavy socks and some sort of aftermarket arch support (have really high arches). I'm thinking a 9.5 as the closest boots I have, the Chippewas, don't have enough toe/forefoot room for heavy ragg socks. Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks in advance, and thanks again to OP and Fok for putting this together.
1) The sizes are as marked by Viberg. They correspond pretty well with UK sizing.

2) I don't have any Quoddy, Allen Edmonds or Chippewa boots, so someone else may be of more help. I wear a size 9.5 in the Trickers 4497 last, and in the Church's sahara. I am also a 9.5 in the Viberg lasts. I am also typically a Euro 43-43.5. Maybe someone with direct experience with those other brands can chime in here.

Cheers,

Fok.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Thanks, Fok. Sounds like I'm a 9, given that I typically take 42.5 in euro sizes (and 43s are typically too large).

Rarely have I been so excited about spending $750. I think the last time was when I ordered from ToJ...:slayer:

Cheers,
Peter

Heymanniceshot

Reaction score
^^Thanks, Fok. Sounds like I'm a 9, given that I typically take 42.5 in euro sizes (and 43s are typically too large).

Rarely have I been so excited about spending $750. I think the last time was when I ordered from ToJ...
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Cheers,
Peter

We both wear 42.5 EU, youre going size 9 on this one and I'm going size 8.5....lol it's almost like playing russian roulette, too bad we can't try them on before eh...I was torn between 8.5 and 9, but I'm going to settle on the 8.5 because the 2045 last fits wide, E wide...

Last edited:

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
Could you enlighten me with @Ambulance Chaser 's suggestion? I can't seem to find it..
Here you go:
To be fair, all the talk of UK and US sizing and sizing up and down is a bit confusing. So maybe we should throw that talk out the window and say the following (please correct if I'm wrong):

Go to a store that sells Aldens and try on the Indy boot, which is on the Trubalance last. Make a note of the size that fits best. It will typically be the size that is 1/2 size smaller than your usual U.S. size. This is your size in the Viberg 2045 last, and you should order that size on the Styleforummarket site.

Heymanniceshot

Reaction score
Perfect thanks a bunch, that confirms it for me....8.5 it is! It's so confusing because I go on size conversion charts (EU/UK/US sizes) on google search, and all the charts are different depending on the website...

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
Perfect thanks a bunch, that confirms it for me....8.5 it is! It's so confusing because I go on size conversion charts (EU/UK/US sizes) on google search, and all the charts are different depending on the website...
You should probably be fine, and if not, it may be within the margin of "sock error."

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also wear EU42.5 (US9.5D) and am going with size 9, which is my Alden Trubalance size. With a boot, better to go a little big rather than a little small. You'll be wearing it with thicker socks, and there are more eyelets to lace up and keep your foot secure.

rolling green

Reaction score
Fok, will this MTO boot have any StyleForum logo stamped on the insole or anything that will make it unique to SF?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads