1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jan 17, 2014.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I'm actually going to talk to Guy next week re. the last. If I am understanding people's concerns, we all like the look of the boots shown, but that there are some members concerned with the roominess, particularly in the heel, of the 110 last. We'd like a last that is similar, but has a bit more structure than the 110 last, if possible. Our immediate idea was to use the 2045 last, but there are some concerns about the upturn in the toe. We do not want to use the 2030 last, but might be interested in the new boot last, if that is ready.

Does all of this sound pretty accurate guys? I want to make sure to present our case as clearly as possible. I'll also ask about the derby (shoe) in that conversation.

Cheers,

Fok.

2 people like this.
  2. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Perfect! Sounds exactly correct to me

3. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

Anyone know some good boot care products available in Canada?

4. rolling green

rolling green Well-Known Member

I have a really small heel and a wide forefoot and never had issues with the 110 last with slippage. I think a lot of the heel slip may be due to the chukka style that the 110 is commonly found on.
    Thanks for the explanation fok. Looking forward to what guy says/recommends.

5. Scottystyles

Scottystyles Active Member

Just thought I would throw this pic into this thread. It is in the Viberg as well.
    I believe it is prob 95% as you guys may want

2045 last
    Unstructured toe
    Brogue toe cap (take this off for what you guys are after Obiviously)
    Brown wax flesh
    Heel pull tab
    Dainite Sole (you guys want commando)
    7 brass eyelets (no speed lace hooks(which I think suck and spoil a vintage kinda look)

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. Count Viberg

Count Viberg Member

Anyone else interested in a 2045 model WITH speedhooks? I'm not usually a fan but damn do those brass hooks look good on this particular boot

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  7. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a rugged boot to wear with casual outfits, and this makeup may be the one to get me to cross over from MC to SW&D (at least for a moment). How does the wax flesh hold up under rain, snow, and other types of inclement weather?

8. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Well-Known Member

It's coated in wax, so it should work pretty well in that sort of weather. As far as I know, that's the reason why it's waxed and not just standard roughout in the first place.

9. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the waxed flesh country boot on viberg site will be the same color and leather look correct

10. rolling green

rolling green Well-Known Member

Because the original pictures boot is what brought all of us here I'd hope keeping everything EXACTlY the same with speed hooks, 110, wax leather etc. will be an option to vote on also.

11. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Well-Known Member

I thought you said you didn't want the speed hooks in your original post.

12. Count Viberg

Count Viberg Member

Maybe we won't have to choose. It's always possible Viberg might accommodate different detailing in the same batch. Not sure about multiple lasts, but speedhooks shouldn't be all that much trouble on their end....

13. meso

meso Well-Known Member

Prefer speedhooks.
    Like the look of the waxy flesh!

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I will probably put the last up for a vote, but the proposition was for no speedhooks. I don't think that additional customization will be allowed, but we'll see.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  15. Peter1

Peter1 Well-Known Member

As a point of discussion, i'd prefer no speedhooks -- they catch on pant legs (actually, I'd say no pull tab, either, for the same reason). But it wouldn't be a dealbreaker either way.

I love this makeup -- I'll add that the Viberg site and blog has waxed flesh Country Derby boot (2040 last) w/commando sole for those who are interested in closeups of the leather unworn.

As for lasts, I'd prefer the sleeker of the two --

But yeah, I'd go for a carbon copy of the original proposition!

16. kennyx

kennyx Member

Yeah, that's why I dont like speed hooks either.

110 or 2045 really doesnt matter... so long as it's not on the 2030 last.

17. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Well-Known Member

Well if it comes to a vote I won't be much help since I only own a 2030 and just used my Barrie size which was a perfect fit. Not sure between these two last which fit wise I will like best

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  18. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

The leather looks really nice!

19. patagonianwild

patagonianwild Well-Known Member

Looks like a great project, I'd be interested in getting in on this if possible. I don't have a strong opinion on the speedhook- or sole-debate, nor any prior experience with Viberg at all - but this does look like a good time to change that

20. Count Viberg

Count Viberg Member

Okay damn I feel like we might manage two separate orders at this point. I know I should just shut up and be glad anyone's interested in speedhooks, but just to test the waters -- are we ALL anti-2030? 2045's a good option too, just askin