1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jan 17, 2014.

1. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Finally got these today...These waxed flesh boots are serious sh$t kickers! I am super psyched with them. The toe box is certainly more rounded than the 2030 but I think it works perfectly for this makeup. Fok, thanks for another super makeup!

2. CEE88

CEE88 Well-Known Member

Good evening Gents - received mine over the weekend and wanted to post a few comparison shots.

Viberg Boondocker, 2030 last in Horween natural chromexcel rough out (Leffot) v. Viberg Service Boot, 2045 last in Horween waxed flesh for styleforum (both are size 10.5):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2030 and 2045 curve in slightly different places but the main difference I see is the taller, slightly rounder toe box on the 2045 (which I've started pressing down a bit since this was taken):
    [​IMG]

Alden Barrie last boot v. 2045 last (both size 10.5):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 2045 Service Boot appears very solid and heavy duty. Check out the nails on the Commando sole heel:
    [​IMG]

I've had the 2030 Boondockers for about four months and they are still quite stiff. They don't rub or pinch or anything like that - in fact they are quite comfortable - but the thick leather sole doesn't bend much at all. I had two near nasty falls walking down my old rickity basement stairs. The 2045s have the Commando sole (and hopefully more grip) but they feel quite stiff too - much more so than an Alden double sole boot. Expect a longer break-in period for Vibergs. That said, the Service Boots look and feel great. Sizing is perfect. Love the leather, stitching and general feel of the boot.

Thanks for putting this special run together, Fok.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  3. BootSpell

BootSpell Well-Known Member

Yeah, for sure, these 2045 wax flesh boots are the meanest bear-stomping boots I own. I agree that my two new Vibergs will surely take more time to break in than the other brands I have.

4. jabberwock1977

jabberwock1977 Well-Known Member

Any other international buyers stuck at this stage?
    [​IMG]

Also, looking at the pictures it seems that they come with both leather and waxed cotton(?) laces - is that right?

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

You might want to check your own national post office site as well. Sometimes, there is a loss of communication between the postal services when it crosses borders.

Yes, the boots come with 2 sets of laces, leather and waxed cotton. That way, you have choices!

Cheers,

Fok.

6. BootSpell

BootSpell Well-Known Member

Fok shipped these boots from Moscow, ID so I didn't have to go through that for these. But on the boots I ordered directly from Viberg, they lingered with that status for three days. So I'd guess that they'll be released today or tomorrow.

And yes, the wax flesh boots come with both leather and waxed cotton laces.

Edit: Fok beat me to it.

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  7. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

I'm okay with no treatment. I'm usually too lazy to condition and shine my shoes that require that treatment.

8. jabberwock1977

jabberwock1977 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Not sure I'm sold on the leather laces yet but I definitely like the waxed ones - good to have the choice.

Yup, checking local post too (somewhat obsessively) but still in SF as far as they are concerned. I must try to be patient!

9. Diabolical

Diabolical Well-Known Member

My pair were processed through customs and they left RICHMOND, BC. The estimated date is for Monday but I'm hoping they'll be here by Friday. If you're in Canada, you can go to the canada post website and punch the same tracking number there.

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

I generally liked the waxed laces but I am going with the leather ones on these

11. patagonianwild

patagonianwild Well-Known Member

I am going with the leather laces initially. After a while, when they're worn in and as distressing appears, I think I'll switch to olive waxed laces as shown in O.G post [​IMG]

12. Heymanniceshot

Heymanniceshot Well-Known Member

Got mine! A bit bigger than i expected...but no heel slippage, so I think I'm good. Beautiful!!!!!!!! BOOTS!!!!!! Thanks LA guy

13. onehotchili

onehotchili Well-Known Member

I also got mine last week and been wearing them around the house a little. I think they might be slightly too big :(. I ordered a 9.0 which is the same as my Alden Barrie/Trubalance size... but it looks like my foot would be better off in an 8.5.

Anyone interested in a trade?

14. Peter1

Peter1 Well-Known Member

Got mine in Paris on Wednesday. Half size down, I.e. Barrie's, is perfect. Wore them for five hours on Friday, no breakin required, including 3hour drive in hoilidays traffic. Then I played soccer with my son. I felt like Tom Dempsey kicking a field goal.

These are seriously great boots. The few scuff marks I have are a little furry already.

15. Heymanniceshot

Heymanniceshot Well-Known Member

Have anyone had issues when you take the boot off, your sock rubs against the bottom of the boot, and sort of peels a layer off? like if the glue was not strong enough?

16. peezlep

peezlep Member

[​IMG]

Boots just arrived after taking a very expensive holiday in customs...

Overall I'm really happy with them, but I do have one slight gripe. The double stitch down is a bit of a mess, especially on the right boot. This is my 7th pair of Vibergs and I can't help but think that they are letting shoes through quality control, which might not have done so in the past. The first 5 pairs had consistent spacing between the two rows of stitches, yet these and a pair bought from Superdenim a few months ago have been a bit messy. May be I'm being too picky, but it really bugs me when it's the first thing I see when I look down at what are otherwise stunning boots. I wonder if any one who's got an unhealthy amount of Vibergs has noticed the same? (Thanks Fok for all your work on this btw!)

17. LA Guy

You played soccer in your boots? Okay... so, I've never done that. Incidentally, I'm in your country right now. There are great things about every country's cuisine, but I think that France wins when it comes to saucing things.

18. Peter1

Peter1 Well-Known Member

@LA Guy -- believe me, those sauces get tiresome after a while. I'm dying for a bottle of Cholula right about now.

Are you in Paris?

@peelzap

Mine are actually really well stitched -- I looked them up and down for defects. The only issue so far is that the commando lugs are magnets for gravel.

19. LA Guy

In Lyon. Everything can get tiresome, but some things are harder to get tired of than others. Of course, I'm a creature of habit.

20. peezlep

peezlep Member

That's interesting and possibly backs up my point about quality control. There's clearly nothing wrong with their ability to still make the very finest work boots, nothings changed in that respect. It may just be that what passes through quality control has been loosened slightly. Like I said its probably a case of me being picky, but to have 5 pairs that were faultless, and then the two most recent to be a little suspect suggests something's changed.