1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Diabolical

Diabolical Well-Known Member

W

Which red wings?

For iron rangers I wear 8.5D and they're snug
    1907 I wear a 9D and it feels comfortable.
    Trubalance I wear 8.5D, they fit nicely. Not too tight, not too loose.
    Viberg 2030 I wear 8.5 and it fits really comfortable. Probably the best fitting for me.
    I went with the 8.5 for these.

2. cb78

cb78 Member

Thanks all for the replies. I have both a Red Wing Iron Ranger and a pair of their padded safety boots with heavy lugged soles which are the ones I mentioned earlier. I honestly don't know what model it is as the tag wore away and i've had them now for a few years. Both boots are US 8. From the replies I would think a viberg 7 would be ok as rolling green mentioned that it would fit like a US 8. I'd probably want something maybe a tad too big rather than a tad too small, that way i could at least compensate with thicker socks or maybe an insole.

I'm at the verge of pulling the trigger, i'd be lying if i said it wasn't a bit nerve wracking.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Three more days. Get them while they are available.

Cheers,

Fok.

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

how many are we up to? like 12 or so?

5. LA Guy

We are at 14 right now. A lot of you guys want these waxed flesh boots.

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

I guess so! That is a nice sized run! I did not expect it to be that many. I am assuming they have plenty of leather to handle it?

7. Heymanniceshot

Heymanniceshot Well-Known Member

I'll raise it to 15 tonight...too good to pass on

8. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

If I didn't already have my waxed flesh country boots on 2040 last, I would be in 100%.

9. pjyj

pjyj Member

Will make that to 16 once I get to place my order :).

10. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

I was upset about missing out on the Leffot service boot in brown CXL, but this boot looks even better for my purposes (rugged, casual boot that I can wear in inclement weather). Make it 17.

11. LA Guy

Nice. One of the the original members is also in. Very cool.

12. onehotchili

onehotchili Well-Known Member

I'll be placing my order tomorrow.... so we'll be up to at least 18 :)

13. rutabaga

rutabaga Well-Known Member

I would be in but plan to visit in person this year to get the sizing right :) Nice makeup!

14. afranzheim

afranzheim Well-Known Member

Thinking about jumping on this train too, as I've been eyeing Vibergs for some time now.

For me its NOT a question of size...it's either this or the Snuff Kudu Service Boots that ought to be released in the fall.

I am not sure what all the confusion is about sizing on this??? Even though I don't own any Vibers, I feel super confident of how I would need to size these, thanks to the prior posts from Diabolical, Ambulance Chaser, misterjuiceman, and LA Guy.

15. rutabaga

rutabaga Well-Known Member

I think that for such a large purchase (in terms of boots), some people want to be completely confident. Different lasts fit differently on everyone's unique feet, too. Nothing wrong with trying to dial it in so that you're not going to get something you have to turn around and sell immediately without having the recourse to exchange for a better size.

16. afranzheim

afranzheim Well-Known Member

I can understand this sentiment...and I guess that I might feel similarly if I didn't own a pair of Indy's, but so goes it with ordering clothes over the internet. You're (probably) not gonna buy two or three pairs and keep the one that fits best. You'll have to rely on the knowledge of fellow posters...and this is usually very good. We've all struck out a couple times, but in the end its worth it. If for some reason these don't fit, I'd doubt that you'd have a hard time selling close to what you paid on the marketplace. A hassle? yes, but worth the reward? i'm sure.

1 person likes this.
  17. Akeem

Akeem Well-Known Member

I don't think you can be confident in sizing based off other recommendations. I agree with Fok's UK size assessment (same as Tricker's 4497) for the 2030 last but with a snugger toe box. The 2030 is very similar to my Barrie in a 1/2 size larger. I think going Barrie size would probably be too long for me. I don't wear thick socks either. But most people here are going Barrie/TB size in regards to the 2030. For those people, I am curious how they size their UK shoes/boots.

18. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Well-Known Member

I've found that the 2030 with hiking socks fits similarly to the Barrie in dress socks in the same size. The 2030 most certainly feels like a wider last, though this could be due to the instep of the 2030.

1 person likes this.
  19. patagonianwild

patagonianwild Well-Known Member

Arrrgh now im unsure again [​IMG]

20. pjyj

pjyj Member

Still not sure either if I should go with 7.5 or 8. I tried Alden TruBalance size 8 with medium thick socks and had some room left in the toes.