1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Viberg for Styleforummarket.com MTO - Copper task roughout service boot on the 110 last

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 13, 2014.

1. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Well-Known Member

++1

And after looking at the post above which linked to a photo of the 110 last from above I think I would, imho, only consider the 2040 last. A bulbous work boot does not appeal to me. For $700 or whatever it needs to look the part.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Viberg told us that they won't do it.

3. LA Guy

The 110 has a tapered, not upturned, toe.

4. EngineNear

EngineNear Member

5. buzzlulu

however it still is round, full and large

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Its pretty clear that this boot is not for you. All of your posts seem at odds with the spirit of the makeup and what the majority is voting on. The tone of each post has a very negative tone to it and I'm not really sure why.You also seem to be extremely hung up on the price of the makeup as you mention it in basically every post; clearly, the price to performance ratio is not justified to you and as such you would likely regret your purchase. I am not in on this particular makeup either but I still see he appeal of it and why others would be.

7. EngineNear

EngineNear Member

Is there a limit to the number of preorders on these or will Viberg make as many as are ordered in the 2 week order period?

8. meso

meso Well-Known Member

One thing is clear: LA guy is a f*cking saint for dealing with all these custom designs.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  9. Daft Luck

Daft Luck Active Member

Boondocker 2045 last on the left, Cabourn 110 last on the right:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10. FearAndLoathing

FearAndLoathing Member

I love the makeup for this. I'm in.

11. YG14

YG14 Member

Is there any way to guarantee that the sole will be Dainite and NOT Itshide?

Not so keen on Itshide after seeing so many examples of Viberg's with damaged soles after only a few wears...

12. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Well-Known Member

i'm in. the 2045 is a narrower last right? if so i pick that.

13. LA Guy

Nope, no limit. I suppose that if we got 100 orders, then there might be an issue with with amount of leather needed, but we've ordered close to 30 pairs of one makeup before, and we've had no problem.

I think that we won't have a choice on this. Obviously, we can ask for dainite, but Viberg has the option of using an Itshide sole if needed. From what I understand, though, I am sure that Viberg will stand by its product, not matter what. If worst comes to worst, and an Itshide sole breaks (normal wear and tear excepted, obviously), Styleforummarket will issue a credit for a replacement sole to be put on at your local cobbler.

14. buzzlulu

Not at all. You obviously have misunderstood my posts.
    I have had no problems participating in a Trickers makeup on this forum - and buying an additional 6 pairs of Trickers/1 pair of Church's from Richard during 2013 alone (in reply to your price comment posted above).

Based upon your post I will refrain from further comments on this thread.

When the final specifications are determined by the majority I will make my decision on whether or not I wish to participate. My comments regarding lasts, leather and ornamentation stand as already posted.

Best wishes
    Buzzlulu

PS - as previously posted on this thread (or on the Trickers thread - I do not remember which) - my comments and opinions as to specifications come from the experience of a 30 year career designing and manufacturing Mens shoes in Italy. Richard can comment further on this (if he reads this thread)

15. forsan

forsan Well-Known Member

I'm not one to baby my boots (especially a work boot), but can anyone comment on how roughout holds up in wet conditions? Moving to Portland has made me much more careful about which shoes I acquire (unfortunately)...

That being said, Dainite soles are now my best friend.

16. LA Guy

I don't baby my boots either. Roughout holds up well, in general. Of course, it depends specifically on the type of leather being used, but in my experience, something like the copper task is up to the task, pun slightly intended. That said, the boots aren't waterproof. If not treated, and you step ankle deep in a puddle, your feet will get wet. The water can leak through the seams, and then into the boots. But if you are just walking around the city, and you are not in a typhoon, you'll be fine.

fwiw, I grew up by Lake Ontario, and we had freeze/thaw winters, and I can tell you, from first hand experience of many winters slogging through ankle deep slush, that only multi-ply goretex boots are actually watertight.

17. chickenfark

chickenfark Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any pictures of the Viberg x Cabourn on feet or with an outfit? Can't seem to find anything.

18. forsan

forsan Well-Known Member

Fok, thanks for your answer. I think you may have just convinced me. I suppose my concerns were more in the water damage camp and less in the area of waterproofing or wet feet - to me that comes with the territory. I think I'll take my chances, considering Portland tends to be an always on drizzle rather than severe storms (for now...).

Looking forward to the make-up. Thanks!

19. Silent Speaker

Silent Speaker Well-Known Member

I was under the impression the 2040 only really had that noticeable bump with a box toe? I'm sure I've seen a roughout, unstructured 2040 service boot on here somewhere. Flat as a 2030 unstructured IIRC, but perhaps they had been significantly worn in.

20. Diabolical

Diabolical Well-Known Member

Check the new cinnamon and mocha service boots on viberg.com, they're both on 2040 and unstructured. It seems kind of redundant to make this copper task on the 2040 when 2 rough out service boots were just released on the 2040 in rough out.