1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Well-Known Member

I think you can go either way...leave them natural or dye brown. I'd like to match the Half Japanese if possible.

It's very cool that you designed the Sinister and Spymaster. You should be proud of that. I tell everyone my friend Barry designed them and they don't believe me at first either.

2. metranger8694

metranger8694 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. Codysch123

Codysch123 Well-Known Member

@lifeinabox@SoyBoy2 I've worn the 3sixteen boots 3 times now. They have such a unique look! The mini ripple sole with stacked leather mid and aged Bark rough out creates an excellent casual boot. The sole is quite stiff, but I imagine that will improve with time. The 2040 is an excellent last for me and is sleeker than I expected. I was under the impression that it would be similar to the 2045, but for me it fits closer to a 1035/2030. I'm extremely happy with the purchase.

4. meso

meso Well-Known Member

The stacked leather sole is surprisingly stiff on the 3sixteen boots. The uppers are soft tho. As someone else mentioned, they fit a bit tighter than my other pair of 2040s for some reason. They still broke in fine over a few days.

5. Tayo OG

Tayo OG Member

Do you guys find that the cap toe boots in a 2030 last fit smaller than the plain toe 2030? I got a size 9 in the dark brown snuff kudu from division road that was too small in the cap toe, but the plane toe size 9.5 I bought direct from Viberg seems too roomy. I'm a 9.5 D tts on the Branock device. I don't want to cause unnecessary creases by having a shoe that's too big. Maybe the 2030 just isn't my last?

6. ericleavitt

ericleavitt Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Just got these Viberg Derby Shoes (Dust Black Calf), does anyone have any fitpics or experience with the derby shoes? It's on the Viberg 2030 last. I'm a 8.5 in New Balance, and a 8.5-9 in Oak street bootmakers, and I got these in a 8.5.

7. Cole87

Cole87 Well-Known Member

I go a full size down from my NB size for 2030, but I use thin socks.

8. ericleavitt

Whenever brands recommend sizing down over 1 size i get very weary, because whenever I've done that the outcome was just way too tight. I really hope these fit... considering I bought them off grailed...

9. jlchau

jlchau Well-Known Member

I think they're going to be too big for you. I wear 8 in Viberg 2030 and 8.5 in OSB.

10. ericleavitt

Woops just realized my new balance are 9, my two pairs of clarks are 9, and my osb in 8.5s are slightly tight, and my OSB's in size 9 are like the perfect fit.

11. metranger8694

I've got the horsehide derbies on the 1035. Love em.

I'm a brannock 11.5 narrow side of D. And all is perfect on a 10.5..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  12. z8k1n

z8k1n Well-Known Member

Navy + Gunmetal Rivets @Epaulet
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. trevorplease

trevorplease Well-Known Member

Would someone kindly give sizing advice to me, I have several different brands of trainers/running shoes but have never purchased boots before.

I'm looking at a plain toe service boot, I guess that would be the 2030 last. I'm figuring I'm between 8-9 based on what I have been reading.

Here's a list of shoes I own
    Asics GL3 - 9.5
    Adidas UB - 9.5
    yeezy 350v2 - 9.5
    yeezy 750 - 9
    diadora n9000 - 8.5
    New balance made in USA
    998/997/990/990v2 - 8.5

Hope someone can give feedback based on this. I'm currently trying to find a US retailer with free returns so I can just try a pair with no obligations.

14. grizzlygiant

grizzlygiant Well-Known Member

15. trevorplease

trevorplease Well-Known Member

I just got my brannock size, left 9.5C/D and right 9D

Would you still recommend me the 8 or would I go 8.5?

Any other could give an input?

16. metranger8694

I'd probably go 8.5 due to the left foot. Esp. that you are talking 2030, which some folks go up a half size.

You could always mitigate any largess with thicker socks.