1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. SoyBoy2

SoyBoy2 Active Member

It is typically tougher to pull a boot off than to step in and git it on - so probably wouldn't bother with your plastic bag idea. Anyhow I thought that's what Shoe Horns were made for[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG].

2. metranger8694

metranger8694 Well-Known Member

3. Samir

Samir Well-Known Member

Quote:
    Quote:
    Thanks for the help. I did a lot of searching and basically came to that same conclusion - half seem to go down 1 size, half go down 0.5. I gambled on a size 7 on the Notre suede version and think I made the right choice. The length of the boot is a good bit longer than my Brigadier's and at my height (5'7.5") I think 7.5s would have looked a little too big. In terms of actual fit, the length is spot on. The toebox is a little claustrophobic in that there's not much room if I try to extend my toes but my forefoot's comfortable with normal activity. Looking forward to the heel area breaking in a little but overall pretty pleased! Glad I could get into the Viberg game at such a great price.

4. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Well-Known Member

Why do u think I went for the unconventional ?! Boot horn dint work, in my case, cuz the added thickness of the horn made the lower shaft opening even more tighter.

As for taking them off, I find it easier, actually__ since the leather had stretched out a bit during wear.

The boot strap @ankle was kept @loose setting the entire time, during the break in process. Having less resistance allowed more movement__ i.e., to soften & make the leather more pliable.

Using thin socks @beginning, then gradually transitioning to medium, then heavier, was very helpful as well.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. gte872h

gte872h Well-Known Member

Happy New Years everyone. I received the Viberg/Ebbets collaboration hat in wine color and the fit and quality is great. Expensive but worth it in my opinion. I have a large head (7 5/8) and the fit is perfect.

1 person likes this.
  6. janoy89

janoy89 Well-Known Member

I have a pair of size 11 Hoppers from the last GMTO for sale if any one here wants them before I put them up on Ebay.

7. FENWAY

FENWAY Well-Known Member

Picked up these Waxed Flesh in the 310. Went full size down and pleased so far
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  8. meso

meso Well-Known Member

Those waxed flesh on 310 are sick.

9. metranger8694

metranger8694 Well-Known Member

IMHO, all Viberg Waxed Flesh's in any color or style is sick.

2 people like this.
  10. Capsicum

Capsicum Well-Known Member

anyone got experience with 320 last? i'm interested in apsley boots. need sizing advice. thanks in advance.

2 people like this.
  11. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

Ohh, I'm interested in that, too. Especially in comparison to 2030 last.

12. gte872h

I have the waxed flesh Apsley boots. Fit is large, like the 310 last, but slightly more room. I take 0.5 size down from 2030/1035 in 310, 320, and 110 lasts since I have a bit of length to spare.

2 people like this.
  13. g transistor

Is there a break-in period for vibergs? A 10 in the 2030 was a little too large for my liking, and a 9.5 is pretty tight with my wide forefoot. Length is good but a little digging in the heel.

Thinking about sizing down .5 on the Apsley or maybe just stick with my 2030 if there isn't a break-in...

14. meso

meso Well-Known Member

Never had any break-in time with Viberg boots. Digging in the heel sounds like maybe you sized down too far?

15. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

I didn't have any break in neither. Maybe the last isn't for you?

16. g transistor

Yeah, the last might just not be for more. The 10 had too much heel slippage and length in the boot.

17. gte872h

There shouldn't be break in as far as fit is concerned. Stiffness for sure though. If you are saying you have length in the 2030, a half size down should work on the Apsley, but keep in mind it is a stiff boot. It is full naildown construction with a full double leather midsole under the commando sole. I love the fit and have no problem with comfort from day one, but I believe this is unusual and not the norm. If this is what you are looking for, go for it. I would probably not recommend it as a first Viberg unless you know you prefer the extra stiffness for your feet.

18. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

those 310 waxed look great...sporting my hikers today...comfortable as can be. Have on a pair of Smartwool knee high Hunt socks...I have had slippers less comfortable than this combo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. Chien

Chien Well-Known Member

Hi,
    If I wear a 9.5d in alden grant last, 9.5d in Allen Edmonds strands/Park Avenue.

What should my sizing be in 2030 last?