• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dekalog

Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up. I'm in the same boat with you, but I think it should still look the same... Though I do wish Viberg and the PTC and Notre, in a previous case, could lock in what the boots would look like before setting up a pre-order...

I just cancel my preorder due to the change of eyelets which is the main reason to order at the first place. PTC told me Viberg no longer doing 10 eyelets.

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just cancel my preorder due to the change of eyelets which is the main reason to order at the first place. PRC told me Virberg no longer doing 10 eyelets.

wonder how many orders will get cancelled because of that. I agree on 10 eyelets.

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just cancel my preorder due to the change of eyelets which is the main reason to order at the first place. PTC told me Viberg no longer doing 10 eyelets.

wonder how many orders will get cancelled because of that. I agree on 10 eyelets.

I'm curious do you guys already own similar boots with 7 eyelets? I hope you don't take this the wrong way because Im not trying to judge or ridicule. I know details matter and we all get pretty focused on specifics (myself included) but once you put them on and I presume you are wearing pants you never even see it, and if you really like the boots and want to wear them it is difficult for me to understand how this would be enough for you to want to cancel.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys. Do you think natural cxl, especially after worn in, would be too similar to coffee chrompack? I didn't think so at first, but after seeing some pics I'm not so sure. Your thoughts are appreciated.

It'd seem like__ looking @CXL new&undefiled, then
1f4ad.png
fast forward >> as they darken from wear + exposure to the elements ... But they don't. Each will go through slightly different evo route, since the leathers went under different processes.

CCP will have a darker, more solid/opaque base than the CXL __w:c may appear to darken from wear & patination [on the surface], but natural leather shows through, like backlight ... kind of. 'Effect adds dimension to its look. Hence, natty is popular
1f913.png

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Do you think natural cxl, especially after worn in, would be too similar to coffee chrompack? I didn't think so at first, but after seeing some pics I'm not so sure. Your thoughts are appreciated.

The standard SF response would be that they're different enough so buy both. After acquiring a decent collection of boots, I have become much more discerning in the boots I buy. I used to buy impetuously when I got excited by some pics of boots. I now take a step back and think about how close they are to something in my collection and visualize how eagerly I would reach for them in the morning. To be honest, as appealing as say, whiskey shell or cigar shell appeared to me when I bought them, I don't reach for them that often because they sort of don't fit into my particular aesthetic.

I think going through those thought processes is always worthwhile before making a purchase. Of course, it depends on your collection, how formal or casual your attire usually is, etc.

Bottom line, if I were faced with the choice/decision you are posing, I would conclude that Nat CXL, once patina is developed, would be too close to the chromepack that I'd rather look for something a bit more different.

Probably longer response than you wanted.
satisfied.gif

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The standard SF response would be that they're different enough so buy both. After acquiring a decent collection of boots, I have become much more discerning in the boots I buy. I used to buy impetuously when I got excited by some pics of boots. I now take a step back and think about how close they are to something in my collection and visualize how eagerly I would reach for them in the morning. To be honest, as appealing as say, whiskey shell or cigar shell appeared to me when I bought them, I don't reach for them that often because they sort of don't fit into my particular aesthetic.

I think going through those thought processes is always worthwhile before making a purchase. Of course, it depends on your collection, how formal or casual your attire usually is, etc.

Bottom line, if I were faced with the choice/decision you are posing, I would conclude that Nat CXL, once patina is developed, would be too close to the chromepack that I'd rather look for something a bit more different.

Probably longer response than you wanted.
satisfied.gif

No, this is exactly the type of response I wanted/needed to read. This also accurately describes my thought process over the last 12 hours! I really like the unique coffee makeup from Notre and love the pictures on IG, but after settling down and thinking about it I'm not sure it's different enough for me to justify having both. I haven't made up my mind completely, but that's the thought process and your post is very helpful. Thanks!

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It'd seem like__ looking @CXL new&undefiled, then
1f4ad.png
fast forward >> as they darken from wear + exposure to the elements ... But they don't. Each will go through slightly different evo route, since the leathers went under different processes.

CCP will have a darker, more solid/opaque base than the CXL __w:c may appear to darken from wear & patination [on the surface], but natural leather shows through, like backlight ... kind of. 'Effect adds dimension to its look. Hence, natty is popular
1f913.png

Sorry, I meant to respond to you as well in my last post. This is also very helpful. I love the natural CXL, so I may just keep rocking those and wait on another makeup. I'm still holding out hope that those shell service boots are going to be released by .com, but was that a one-off makeup for a customer? I couldn't tell from the responses on here.

jlchau

Reaction score
Sorry, I meant to respond to you as well in my last post. This is also very helpful. I love the natural CXL, so I may just keep rocking those and wait on another makeup. I'm still holding out hope that those shell service boots are going to be released by .com, but was that a one-off makeup for a customer? I couldn't tell from the responses on here.
There's supposedly going to be a preorder offered on Viberg's site sometime this month. Super small batch though, like 15 pairs I heard.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There's supposedly going to be a preorder offered on Viberg's site sometime this month.  Super small batch though, like 15 pairs I heard.

my natural shell cordovan boot was a replacement pair. I don't think there will be another run of these in the near future. But you can bid on a MTO pair in Fok's charity auction and have it made to your desire (sort of). It may be expensive though.

there will also be a natural shell plain toe boot preorder this month. I know it is on a new last with double leather soles. no idea how many pairs though.

Diabolical

Reaction score
my natural shell cordovan boot was a replacement pair. I don't think there will be another run of these in the near future. But you can bid on a MTO pair in Fok's charity auction and have it made to your desire (sort of). It may be expensive though.

there will also be a natural shell plain toe boot preorder this month. I know it is on a new last with double leather soles. no idea how many pairs though.
Get hyped for them!

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not such a fan of plain toe shell...though I want a natty shell pair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads