• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Adding a little 310 love - just got these today. As always even better than expected and Im not big into CXL
Where from? You spring for Kentaurus?

hocks16

Reaction score
Does anyone know what I can use on nubuck leather that is dried out from scrubing out a stain? Will a regular leather conditioner be fine? (ex: redwing leather conditioner)

FENWAY

Reaction score
I would not use a cream leather conditioner on nubuck. There are special spray conditioners available. That and a brush your best bet.

sask boot

Reaction score
Does anyone know what I can use on nubuck leather that is dried out from scrubing out a stain? Will a regular leather conditioner be fine? (ex: redwing leather conditioner)

what leather are you working on?

chenm0416

Reaction score

Got word from PTC that the black waxed flesh bad seed are in production.  Unfortunately they had to change it from 10 eyelets to 8.  Not sure how I feel about that.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm in the same boat with you, but I think it should still look the same... Though I do wish Viberg and the PTC and Notre, in a previous case, could lock in what the boots would look like before setting up a pre-order...

Same. I really kind of had my heart set on the 10 eyelets...

nemononame

Reaction score
Latigo would be nice

Latigo is not very thick, at least on the Viberg Half Japanese I have. I've seen much thicker chromexcel and oil tan. It does feel dense and strong and not very stretchy, though, and I bet it comes in thicker grades than what was used on my shoes

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
Does anyone know who might stock a 2045 or 1035 lasted boondocker, in something other than a corded sole (preferably leather), in a size 11.5? Superdenim does the 1035 but only up to 11. I first wanted 2030 pretty bad but the 2045 is growing on me, but I'm not a huge fan on the cord sole, as it find it too dark. Would probably be looking to pick it up near the end of the month or early 2016. My search has given me nothing.

edit: alternatively, does anyone have some nice photos of their (or anyone's) boondockers with a corded sole? Perhaps in an effort to win me over if I can't find anything else.

Last edited:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know who might stock a 2045 or 1035 lasted boondocker, in something other than a corded sole (preferably leather), in a size 11.5? Superdenim does the 1035 but only up to 11. I first wanted 2030 pretty bad but the 2045 is growing on me, but I'm not a huge fan on the cord sole, as it find it too dark. Would probably be looking to pick it up near the end of the month or early 2016. My search has given me nothing.

edit: alternatively, does anyone have some nice photos of their (or anyone's) boondockers with a corded sole? Perhaps in an effort to win me over if I can't find anything else.

I originally did not care for the corded sole just on looks but after getting the context horsebutt it has one me over...there are alot of light brown flecks in the sole which sort of match with the rough out. I have the 2045 Club Monaco..have not worn it but I think it looks pretty good...

A perfect boondocker for me would be 110 or 2040 with white upper contrast stitching, stitchdown, structured toe with a double leather sole with half lug or vibram half sole...I have to say there is something really nice looking about the MrPorter boondocker on leather sole - the leather edge that does through to the heel looks great.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Do you think natural cxl, especially after worn in, would be too similar to coffee chrompack? I didn't think so at first, but after seeing some pics I'm not so sure. Your thoughts are appreciated.

fitchottie

Reaction score

I originally did not care for the corded sole just on looks but after getting the context horsebutt it has one me over...there are alot of light brown flecks in the sole which sort of match with the rough out. I have the 2045 Club Monaco..have not worn it but I think it looks pretty good...

A perfect boondocker for me would be 110 or 2040 with white upper contrast stitching, stitchdown, structured toe with a double leather sole with half lug or vibram half sole...I have to say there is something really nice looking about the MrPorter boondocker on leather sole - the leather edge that does through to the heel looks great.

Here is an 11.5 boondocker on the 2045 last.
Look on Grailed.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads