1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Well-Known Member

Cross post from insta of natural shell after a few wears... RRL Austin wash denim from 3-4 years ago as well.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. linafelt

linafelt Well-Known Member

One of the good things about the 310 is that it comes in both D and E widths, the only Viberg last to do so I believe. The D really feels like a D to me, that is not too wide not too narrow. I am planning on getting an E for a bit more room.

3. NYDRH

NYDRH Well-Known Member

I interpret crust CXL as what people think Natural CXL actually is i.e. "Natural CXL" is actually a color as much as brown and black and crust is the totally undyed unfinished leather in it's "natural" state so to speak. I think out of all the CXL choices Ive seen it would be the most unique/interesting.

1 person likes this.
  4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Unfortunately, the way that these GMTOs are structured, we will not be able to do multiple widths for a specific last, I think. I will ask about an exception, but please proceed as I've just said.

5. Broark

Broark Well-Known Member

Not sure I can get with the 310 last myself.
    I have big feet and I fear they'll be too clown shoe looking for my liking.
    Wish this workboot was going to be on a different last.

6. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Well-Known Member

310 is EE like 110, w/ roomier toes due to the higher toe profile.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  7. ShootThePier

ShootThePier Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  8. dekalog

dekalog Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  9. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

10. bbmmpp

bbmmpp Member

I would also be willing to trade my size 9 unglazed shell preorder for either a size 8 or 8.5.

11. meso

meso Well-Known Member

The 310 in D is more of a traditional workboot. In E it is more roomy and visually wider (duh) viewed from the top. I have a pic somewhere of D and E viewed from above for comparison. Heck maybe someone here has the pic... my boot pictures seem to float around :D

Honestly if you're going to do it, get the E width... the 310 in E is more special since there's nothing out there that looks quite like it. Very comfy, too.

1 person likes this.
  12. NYDRH

NYDRH Well-Known Member

13. Aviv

Aviv Well-Known Member

Ok so I want to point something out about the 310 last. The first pair of Vibergs I ever owned were the Iron Heart collab on the the 310, mocha oil tan. They were comfortable as hell, but looked really funny in size 10.5 with my skinny legs. I have a photo to prove it for you guys. I recognize I'm also wearing far to skinny jeans for this boot, but I had few options at the time. Still, I don't believe a different jean cut changes the awkwardness of the proportions. I think 9 and under probably looks ok.

If you can convince me otherwise I'll join the list on this build. (FYI I'm 6'2, 175 lbs)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  14. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

@LA Guy

No suedes, rough outs, waxed flesh or chamois (ideal choice) available for the Chelsea variant?

Could we use the black bison for the Chelsea?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  15. patrick_b

patrick_b Well-Known Member

Hard to tell from your photo but they don't look off at all to me. I'm an 11D brannock and wear 10.5 in my Vibergs as well. I never understood the concern that boots look too big in larger sizes. Maybe if you were at 12-13 but IMO 10.5 looks fine.

With that said, if you don't like the look, you don't like the look. I always thought the IH 310 makeups looked great but I'm not skinny like you. My jeans always end up with a 8.5-9" hem because of the waist size.

16. linafelt

linafelt Well-Known Member

Actually they look really cool! But yeah, would be even better if the jeans weren't so skinny. I see no problem.

17. Akeem

Akeem Well-Known Member

something def off there but not because of the boots

18. vettemike

vettemike Well-Known Member

Can someone post a comparison of the D and E widths on the 310 last? Does the E width make it look more proportioned?

19. patrick_b

patrick_b Well-Known Member

Just some reference/comparison shots. 2040 last in roughout, 110 last in vintage mocha. Both 10.5.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Aviv

Aviv Well-Known Member

I learned to stop wearing such skinny jeans with such skinny legs (though I'm working on them. Squats brah). If it's definitely in the lighter crust cxl then count me in. Don't care about heel height or brogued holes. 5 eyelets though!

3 people like this.