1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. linafelt

linafelt Well-Known Member

I understand your, and others', hesitation about the 310. It is definitely a distinctive look. But I will say two things about that. One is that it doesn't look as severe in real life, in my experience, as it does in pics. You rarely see a boot straight on from the side, as the pics usually are, and the sprung toe is not as prominent from other angles. Secondly, I have never received as many positive comments out of the blue for any pair of boots (or any other clothing) as I did for my old 310s. People do notice them, and tend to like them.

1 person likes this.
  2. meso

meso Well-Known Member

I'll have to bow out if the milwright goes with crust CXL. Already have natural CXL boots that get only a moderate amount of wear.

3. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Well-Known Member

IndigoCrush : 6" Scout PT/SD in CrustCXL :: Vat dyed in natural indigo

Street Version:
    • 1035 last
    • partially structured toe
    • black contrast stitching all around, including sole
    • stacked leather midsole X black mini ripples .... [or black Gloxicut]

Work Version:
    • structured toe
    • black contrast stitching all around, including outsole
    • Commando or double leather w/ composite topy
    • Vibram 700 or Quabaug heel w/a "Viberg taper" ... like that on the Hopper

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  4. vettemike

vettemike Well-Known Member

I'm in

1 person likes this.
  5. linafelt

[​IMG]

6. bry2000

bry2000 Well-Known Member

@LA Guy, can you please provide some insight into the differences between crust CXL and natural CXL or please ask Viberg to do so? Thanks!

I am a little disappointed that there are no other "tough" brown leathers available for workboots. Was hoping for a waxed flesh or waxed suede or a horsehide as the one used in that Context 2045 boot.

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

There was a lot of call for black, and crust, so that's what we have decided on for now. We are doing some pre-vetting of leathers in order to control the mayhem that happens when it's a freeforall. I could perhaps, if there is a huge surge for it, inquire about the availability of natural and brown waxed flesh, but that is it. Please let's keep the leather choice discussions to what Drew and I have chosen, based on discussion so far.

I'll ask about the differences next week.

Note to "streetboot" people - have a look at both sets of leathers as well. I talked about the bullhide when I was thinking about the all black book on a gloxi-sole that we discussed earlier here. I think that with a black midsole, that could look pretty cool.

1 person likes this.
  8. LA Guy

Rally your troops, man. Remember, 6 solid yeses for a 310 last to make it to voting, because of the evidently limited demand for it that we've seen from previous rounds. (aka "Feel My Pain")

9. linafelt

Okay. Lowered heel..?
    Thanks.

10. LA Guy

I will ask, but will not fight for it.

Also, guys, and @linafelt , this is NOT directed at you, but just comes in passing - do not call Viberg asking about Styleforum makeups. Everything has to go through me - they consider us as a stockist, and do not appreciate being asked questions directly about our GMTOs. And... the question is kicked back to me anyway, so it's just needless friction in the process.

11. linafelt

Solid.

12. BHK666

BHK666 Well-Known Member

I'm not in either. I think I posted several pages back my concerns with the 310, but I see I'm on the list, and I don't want any confusion. Sorry.

I would be down for a crust CXL on another last.

Cheers.

13. linafelt

Understood.

14. linafelt

Okay, as of now it sounds like we've got four: @linafelt @vettemike @Bobbo316 @NYDRH .

Waiting to hear back from others, including perhaps: @Steel28 @ShootThePier @justinkapur @bry2000

Others? Now's your chance to help get an iconic Viberg boot made. @BootSpell ? @orionz06 ?

15. bry2000

I am awaiting information on the crust CXL before committing. It is not necessarily the color I was looking for, but I will wait before concluding. By the way, I would be fine with a perforated cap toe.

1 person likes this.
  16. vettemike

I think the crust CXL will have natural variations in color but should darken nicely with age.

1 person likes this.
  17. metranger8694

metranger8694 Well-Known Member

I almost gave up on my Mocha Oil Tan Garages but I realized it's a hard as nails leather(plus it's awesome on the 110)... It is a dark brown leather but seems like a very hardy work boot leather that would not be easily damaged. I have the Brown waxed flesh but, while close, it doesn't seem as tough as the Mocha Oil Tan.

No black waxed flesh going on I guess? A Scout boot on the 110 with commando with a black edged midsole would be pretty rad. Silver eyelets?

18. bry2000

Also, what is the width of the 310 last?

19. vettemike

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think crust CXL is very close to icy mocha CXL and will develop great patina. Or you could darken it significantly with Obenauf's

20. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Well-Known Member

I agree the crust is nice think it will age very nicely.