1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. winston86dit

winston86dit Well-Known Member

I'd also be down for an all black side zip boot. Black leather with black leather sole (or dainite would be cool too).

1 person likes this.
  2. onoudidntgf

onoudidntgf Well-Known Member

I did. Here's an on foot picture of them.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  3. NYDRH

NYDRH Well-Known Member

That's at least 2 of us
    [​IMG]

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Just got off the phone with Drew. Some cool leather choices in both black for the chelsea or sidezip, as well as interesting lighter brown colors, and a few good options for a stitchdown "tough" boot as well. I'll get back to you guys when I have more concrete information.

The sidezip has never been done before for production, so it would be pretty exciting to be the first people to do one!

Cheers,

Fok.

4 people like this.
  5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Oh, and there is no more icy mocha CXL. That I have confirmed.

310 guys, have you gotten your relative acts together for something that can actually be put up for a vote?

1 person likes this.
  6. NYDRH

NYDRH Well-Known Member

Strongest argument for a sidezip over a Chelsea this round.

Thanks Fok, look forward to hearing what the options are.

7. billymax

billymax Well-Known Member

Love it and the names: Let's go Sinister Oxford & Spymaster.

One thing that I completely lack is buyer's remorse. At Van Afferden prices, I'll pucker a little, but I always buckle when it comes to VBs that I want.

8. billymax

Genuine badassery!

9. billymax

This is the stuff along with the big clunkyass oxfords that brought me to VB years ago. This boot was the next one on my list before VB shut down the MTO. I've got a little nostalgic warm spot going. Let's make this happen.

10. Broark

Broark Well-Known Member

Light brown Chelsea (no side zip) and a tough boot would both get my vote once we hear the details. [​IMG]

11. linafelt

linafelt Well-Known Member

Thinking of a replacement for the Icy Mocha CXL, how would you two (@dekalog @Akeem ) describe the thickness and texture of the "Vintage Mocha"? Does it seem like a thicker, workboot style leather, or more of a causal leather?

For those interested in the (killer awesome) Millwright boot, what do you think about leathers: Vintage mocha (pending report); Natural CXL; "Crust" CXL (I have no idea what that means, but they now have it on the site); or maybe just good old fashioned Brown Oil Tan..?

@Bobbo316 @meso @Steel28 @bry2000 @vettemike @ShootThePier

Fok (@LA Guy), any word on lowering the heel on the 310? Thanks!

1 person likes this.
  12. ShootThePier

ShootThePier Well-Known Member

I really like the Millwright. So much so, that I'm entertaining the idea of another brown boot.
    I think you have enough without me, but I'll probably be in unless I hate the hide used.

1 person likes this.
  13. NYDRH

NYDRH Well-Known Member

When Fok reports back there might be some better options(and I might swing back into camp)

Crust leather - is the hide after it has been tanned but has not had any finishing applied to it. St. Crispins uses it alot(crust leather not CXL) as the canvas to apply dye and staining to customize their colors exactly as they want them, it ages really nicely with a nice worn in, refined look.

Edited for clarity and syntax

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  14. linafelt

Right on, just came across some pics of the Crust CXL in natural light, and I think it might well be our substitute leather for the Millwright boot. It seems to have a nice slightly matte finish, very much like the version of Icy Mocha CXL in the inspiration boot pics. It is a bit lighter of course, but by all accounts will darken up quickly. Check it out:

[​IMG]

More info and pics here:
    https://viberg.com/blogs/journal/service-boot-crust-chromexcel

@Bobbo316 @meso @Steel28 @bry2000 @vettemike

2 people like this.
  15. Crshngdwn

Crshngdwn Well-Known Member

16. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Well-Known Member

I like the crust idea. It would be something unique. What's the final spec? All the details in one list.

17. vettemike

vettemike Well-Known Member

My vote for the Millwright is vintage mocha, vibram 705 half sole, nailed down construction, unpunched cap toe, antique brass eyelets on the 310 last

18. linafelt

Okay, here's my proposal for the Millwright Boot:

1940s Service Boot, 310 last
    Crust CXL
    Cap toe
    5 eyelets, antique brass
    Cat's Paw heel, Vibram half sole
    Stitched down/Nailed down
    Heel lowered 1/8" (pending Viberg approval)
    Natural midsole

Let's get as many on board for this makeup as we can, leaving open a few possible tweaks depending on votes. So, I am open to either brown oil tan or vintage mocha leather, though I would need to know more about the latter (don't want a thinner leather, and I see in the few pics that it is always lined, which makes me wonder). Though I do think it'd be interesting to try the new Crust leather. Also, I am open to either broque or non-brogue captoe, depending on what will carry the day.

@NYDRH @Bobbo316 @meso @Steel28 @bry2000 @vettemike @b-ewing @ShootThePier @BHK666 @justinkapur @metranger8694
    @LA Guy

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    3 people like this.
  19. metranger8694

metranger8694 Well-Known Member

Sorry linafelt.

I never put my name on the list for this.

20. linafelt

No problem, just wanted to give you another chance! (Seems like your kind of boot...)