• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

love some of those derbies.

Yeah I was going to say -- the shoes caught my eye. I wish I could buy some of those! For now I'll have to be satisfied with the SF work oxford, which should be arriving soon.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Heh, after seeing @billymax 's stunning collection, I feel a little less guilty for wanting more ;) 2030 last is definitely my favorite and it also happens to fit me pretty much perfect. My modest collection:
what shoe trees are you using and do they fit the 2030 well?

jlchau

Reaction score
I didn't see those at Mohawk. Just the black boots.

The reverse kudu boots I have are the softest, most pliable leather I've ever felt.

Yeah it was the only pair they had that I saw. I got in fairly early (waited in line around 10:30 am) but probably didn't get in until about 11:15. I agree, they are extremely soft and lightweight compared to the other Viberg that I own.

Joona

Reaction score
what shoe trees are you using and do they fit the 2030 well?

I use mostly (pretty old) Bexley shoe trees and IMO they fit 2030 well. For reference, I use size 41 shoe trees for size 8 Vibergs.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seeing @Joona 's black shell Service Boots (they are awesome!), reminded me that I'm waiting on the Alden Ryden boot. It will be a similar makeup.

Aviv

Reaction score
I would love to see some nice shell boots like those: 6 or 7 eyelets, more work boot aesthetic. Enough with that Charles Dickens **** 10 eyelet Victorian riding boot look.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would love to see some nice shell boots like those: 6 or 7 eyelets, more work boot aesthetic. Enough with that Charles Dickens **** 10 eyelet Victorian riding boot look.

You've solved my riddle! I knew my 9 and 10-eyelet Service Boots reminded of something, but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

FENWAY

Reaction score
Had to pull the trigger on the Aged Bark from Notre....

Stevehm

Reaction score
Is it ok to post an ebay link here or is there a specific thread where you can post to alert others if you spot a bargain? The eBay sale isn't mine, it's a pair of slightly used Vibergs which I spotted for a really good price but which aren't in my size (or I'd have bought them already).

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just in case anyone cares, the Styleforum GMTOs from April have arrived, at last. I do need to assemble my fulfillment team (they were told a couple of times to come... and no boots, but this time, they are here at last!) I haven't even opened any of the 10 boxes yet, but will try to get to that tonight and maybe snap some pics. My goal now is to get all of these out by the end of the week, and hopefully many of you will actually get them before the weekend, but that depends on how fast I can pull the team together.

Cheers.

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Is it ok to post an ebay link here or is there a specific thread where you can post to alert others if you spot a bargain? The eBay sale isn't mine, it's a pair of slightly used Vibergs which I spotted for a really good price but which aren't in my size (or I'd have bought them already).

I think that if you feel like it's of general interest, and you have nothing to gain personally from posting it, then it should be fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads