1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. jp2k1

jp2k1 Well-Known Member

Fashion/style/music/aesthetics, pretty much anything you can think of wouldnt move forward if everyone followed "rules"

2. intensanity

intensanity Well-Known Member

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

4. westie187

westie187 Well-Known Member

Bad ass. So glad I copped these.

5. meso

meso Well-Known Member

My damn Vibergs have been in USPS limbo for the last two days.
    SLKDJF:KFJDS:LKFJDKLSD:FJ
    :foo::foo::foo:

6. Emixam

Emixam Well-Known Member

shitty evo pics of my oil tan heavy weight rough out service boots. Does anyone know if this leather ever soften up ? It is by far the toughest leather I have ever had for my shoes, even though the toe box is unstructured I don't think it will ever flattens (not that I care).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. prurient

prurient Well-Known Member

Same for me. Stuck in San Francisco custom. This had never happened to me. So weird.

1 person likes this.
  8. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Gimme the address I'll go get them.
    Size 11?

1 person likes this.
  9. Joona

Joona Well-Known Member

Sorry, I can't help you with that. I live in Europe (Finland) so I had to pay the VAT.

10. im eddie

im eddie Well-Known Member

I just got home and my package from Viberg has arrived. I purchased Pair #50; Rubberized leather Scout Boot in Size 9, 2030 last. Were out from Viberg on the 11th, arrived at customs at San Francisco on the 13th at 9 AM, cleared out at 1 PM, arrived at USPS facility on 15th in SoCA, and finally arrived at my door today. Had to pay no duties, and Viberg labeled the item at 350 CAD, 3 KG in weight, and HS Tariff No. 6403.91.00; in case anyone wants to calculate what VAT to expect if any.

I am very happy with the pair, but my pair had no insoles. This is my first pair from Viberg, and looking at pictures from other sample sales it seems that some pairs are pictures without an insole. I suspect my pair was one of those sampled without an insole, but since the shop's product page only showed one angle it is impossible to tell if customs tossed them. Anyways that's the only disappointing detail about the boots.

I tried putting in some insoles, but out of 3 pairs of insoles none of them fill in the shoe. On top of that they are too thick and don't leave enough room for my foot. I guess I will need to try to find some thins insoles to cushion, but it doesn't feel too harsh with thick socks on since they have sectioned Vibram sole (Gloxi-Cut sole. Anyone here mind suggesting some insoles that are thin or just padding on the heel. The thinner the better.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  11. Emixam

Emixam Well-Known Member

viberg come without insoles

12. Farhad19620

Farhad19620 Well-Known Member

Talk about super comfy!

[​IMG]

13. im eddie

im eddie Well-Known Member

@Farhad19620
    The rough out's leather hard/sturdy?

They look soft and wondering if the leather is tuff like post at top of page describes

14. Emixam

Emixam Well-Known Member

^ The Cabourn's collab usually use very soft/comfy leather, so it is most likely not the heavyweight oil tan roughout used on my boots

15. rutabaga

rutabaga Well-Known Member

Presumably you mean "without full length sock liners" because if course they have insoles, which are a vital part of the stitch down construction.

16. Emixam

Emixam Well-Known Member

well of course, I was replying to the post above which is speaking about removable insoles.

17. linafelt

linafelt Well-Known Member

Yellow Superfeet work well on my Whites..

18. linafelt

linafelt Well-Known Member

shitty evo pics of my oil tan heavy weight rough out service boots. Does anyone know if this leather ever soften up ? It is by far the toughest leather I have ever had for my shoes, even though the toe box is unstructured I don't think it will ever flattens (not that I care).

[​IMG]

I am sure it will break in at some point; in the meantime, great looking boots!

1 person likes this.
  19. Diabolical

Diabolical Well-Known Member

They

They use a leather insole, the part you might be thinking of is the heel pad with Viberg stamped into it. I don't think the sample pairs come with the heel pad.

20. meso

meso Well-Known Member

I'm cheesed. Was supposed to arrive Thursday afternoon. Been stuck on this for nearly a week. I'm in LA, anyone else have this happen?

2014/08/10 13:20 USSFOA,USA International item is in transit to the delivery office.