1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Sonderist

Sonderist Well-Known Member

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Fantastic, so I should check back in around September to get in on the next pre-order? And was there a final production mockup for what this boot would look like?

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I'm afraid so, yeah. I was hoping that we'd make it under the wire, but that was wasn't possible. Sorry about the inconvenience, guys. I really thought that they would be here by now. I'm waiting, same as everyone else.

It will look like a service boot! It will actually look a lot like the Cabourn boot, but without the rivet, which is proprietary. Unfortunately, getting a production mockup just tacks on double time, and I am not aware of any retailer who does this with Viberg.

3. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

^^ that's a bummer but I really appreciate the heads up. I have some August travel planned and had thought I would be utilizing them for it so good to know now.

4. sin9clair

sin9clair Member

New to this site and sorry if this has been previously asked and answered. Is there a way to be notified on the next preorder or does one have to keep checking the posts? Thanks.

5. LA Guy

If you subscribe to this page: http://www.styleforum.net/tag/viberg/threads

You will be notified when there is a new preorder thread. Actually, I would recommend anyone interested in viberg subscribe to that thread. You can see the tags in the tag section on the right hand column. Just click on a tag and you'll go to the main page of the subject. Click on threads, and you get taken to the thread page. Then, just use the subscribe function.

Pass the word (it's pretty useful).

6. zielschuss

zielschuss Well-Known Member

This is a great feature!

Looking at that page, I'm wondering if there was ever a part 3 after that lasting and soling thread.

7. LA Guy

If you tag a thread, it shows up there. There are some threads missing. Feel free to tag them. I will too if I spot them first. You can tag any thread with brand names and categories. I encourage you to do so. It helps everyone, from brand new noobs to members who have been here for the last 12 years (raises hand).

Cheers,

Fok.

8. neilz4

neilz4 Well-Known Member

I have a question about visiting the Viberg location in Victoria:

From reading this thread, I've gathered that I would be able to do a custom boot order in Victoria at the warehouse if I do it in person-true? If so, would I also be able to size for a last and do it all within one day?

9. Aviv

Aviv Well-Known Member

So when is round 2 of the sample sale?

10. wdahab

wdahab Well-Known Member

Yup (and it's kind of amazing how many shoe-enthusiasts book trips to Victoria just to do that). If by sizing for a last you mean try on boots to determine your size on that last, then yeah I've heard they'll help you out with that. And then you can pick from any of their stock leathers and stock soles, of which they have a fairly decent number.

11. rutabaga

rutabaga Well-Known Member

Yes. By size for a last you mean try on what they have and see if it fits then decide what to go with. If you are a funky size maybe they would do a tracing?

12. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

That sounds pretty sweet! ROAD TRIP!!! :slayer:

13. rydenfan

@Burzan its Friday already!!! where the hell are your updates? You are slacking off big time

14. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

Haha I have been hitting up free Stampede (local festival & rodeo) lunches all week from my suppliers so have not had time to stop by.

I actually think I head over there tomorrow afternoon or Monday on my day off. Need me to pick up a size 8 black french calf boot for you?

15. zinc2162

zinc2162 Well-Known Member

Wish there are stores in Toronto that carry such large selections of Viberg.

16. 45bur

45bur Well-Known Member

No kidding. Toronto has some great stores, but is by and large lacking in fashion options for a city its size.

17. rydenfan

Priorities, come on!

Yes, that sounds perfect, Your treat, right?

18. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

Hey I got a door prize at one of the lunches that I ended up selling for $320 (though that might go to Epaulet pants now instead of shoes... or maybe some MTM shirts from Proper Cloth) so I would have to say it worked out pretty well, plus saving on the cost of lunch all week.

Haha I wish I could buy a round of Vibergs for the whole thread.

19. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Oh...you didn't know we all take turns buying rounds??? Ryden was last, then I think it was me before that and I think maybe bkotsko before that.

20. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

I always though Ryden was the troll but maybe I was wrong haha