1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Versality of Lobb Red Museum

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gyasih, Jun 9, 2012.

1. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

Looking at a pair of JL red museum shoes. I have looked for images of how this color ages over time. Anyone own these and can comment?

What color suits/pants work best with this color? I am stepping out on the limb here.

Thanks

2. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

I think I know what you are talking about, I had a pair, my only words of advice would be.... don't do it.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

+1

Put it like this - I don't own them, and don't plan to.

4. Macallan

Macallan Well-Known Member

Slighty more versatile then EG's Old Rose, I would limit them to jacket and trouser combos (and not worn with suits); however, bear in mind, you will wear them less often compared to other shoes.

Do you worn a pair of blue shoes, they are a more conservative option and something you will wear more often - I have EG shoes in old rose and midnight blue antique, they latter are worn more often. If you want a different option, something you do not you plan to wear all the time and understand the limitations- go for it.

5. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Don't do it...

They are too hipster chic for my liking ..

6. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the advice-"on to the next one..."

7. Stirling

Stirling Well-Known Member

The colourway is somewhat comical, so I think they'd suit you [​IMG]

8. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

If he wants to stand out . go for it.

9. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

Sterling, I see you're riding my nutzzz again and contributing absolutely NOTHING, as with most of your posts. I am starting to think English is your tertiary language and that's why you come of as an ass in most of your posts, even those not involving me.

I appreciate it, though :) It's been awhile...my offer still stands..anytime, anywhere internet tough guy. That's about all you'll get from this small-timer. Now do you care to put up or just keep riding my nutzz? :slayer:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  10. Frankie22

Frankie22 Well-Known Member

Nonsense, if YOU like the shoe, and you feel good in them absolutely buy them.

11. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

I haven't seen them in person, and many of those that commented have. I have my own style, depending on the day and my activities for the day, but not into flashy. I don't want to make a $700 mistake. I appreciate it though.

12. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

I've seen those red Lobbs and they are stunning; however, I can't imagine being able to pair them with clothing on a regular basis. Same thing with the green Lobb's that I'd love to have, but I know I'd wear them once a year, if that. Heck, it's hard enough for me to find occasions to wear my navy shoes. I love seeing the "fancy" colors, but based on my experience with the more conservative navy, I'll just enjoy seeing them in the store, not my closet.

13. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

I have a pair of navy that I love, they get plenty of use.

My concern is that they won't get worn enough, I was hoping they were more toward an Oxblood or Bordeaux in color.

14. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

I have two pairs of oxblood and I don' wear them at all..

15. Stirling

Stirling Well-Known Member

Snap. I really love them, but they never seem to be my go - to -shoes, even though on paper I have a dozen or so outfits they should be ideal for.

16. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

It is just a question of personal taste..

I love navy shoes and they're not that popular over here..

17. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

My burgundy Lobb oxfords rarely get worn, but my shell #8 bluchers see lots of action, though mostly for casual or business casual wear.

18. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

I'm going to be the contrarian here and say go for it. If they are too red, you can darken them to whatever shade of oxblood or burgundy you prefer.