• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vasectomies for young men

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bit more than a year ago, I would have jumped at the chance for a vasectomy, if it were affordable and if I could find a doc who'd have done it.

Now, met a girl that I could legitimately see wanting to start a family with.
Beware, young ones, **** will change. I'm not saying that everyone will discover a willingness or desire to have kids, but your worldview at 25-26 is a lot different from 29-30.

gwolf

Reaction score
i want to have kids more than not. plus if globetrotter sez it hurts and he's a military dude of some sort iirc from the kettlebell threads. what more a weenie like me who hasn't even broken a bone.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedLantern
Wouldn't someone who had a vasectomy done still be able to harvest sperm from himself at a later date? No need for cryo storage.

yep, u will keep producing sperm as long as u don't go the full Farrinelli - vasectomy just disconnects the coke syrup from the soda fountain - and can be reversed.

FWIW I think it's got its probs - e.g. complacency re: STDs. works best in context of a committed long term relationship with kids already. For a young guy it's about on a par with getting a tattoo of your GF's name on your bicep

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pliny
yep, u will keep producing sperm as long as u don't go the full Farrinelli - vasectomy just disconnects the coke syrup from the soda fountain - and can be reversed.

FWIW I think it's got its probs - e.g. complacency re: STDs. works best in context of a committed long term relationship with kids already. For a young guy it's about on a par with getting a tattoo of your GF's name on your bicep

My dad did this before he married my mother. Now he has an awesome snake covering it up.

pgd3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pliny

True on the STD bit, of course same argument is that any woman on birth control is the same thing. Oh sure you can go for it...

On the other hand if you just wanted to be absolutely sure none of your swimmers got away.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it is also possible for a vasectomy to reverse by itself. the chances are slim but there are reports of it occurring in the medical literature.

its not a difficult procedure, however.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there a female equivalent of a vasectomy?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think many here should go ahead and have vasectomies.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
There was globetrotter thread on this some years ago. I recall him saying that it hurt.

like a motherfucker. actually, the prcess didn't hurt so much as it was unpleasant - I could feel the doctor pulling and cutting and tugging. it was the swelling afterward that was a real *****.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My cousin had a vasectomy in his early twenties, which is now about 15 years ago. He has no regrets - he knew he didn't want kids and still feels the same way.

A girl tried to claim that he had impregnated her - she obvi didn't know about the vasectomy. That was some lulz.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would not consider as I have a duty to procreate for the good of my lineage.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ sometimes yes. But not 100% of the time and iirc the success rates decline as the length of time between the operation and attempted reversal increases.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads