1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by LA Guy, Apr 19, 2014.

1. AeroleathersTB

AeroleathersTB Well-Known Member

Hi gong,

The wait time for jackets will depend on the level of customization...stock jackets will be available for immediate purchase and delivery, jackets with small changes (leather color, hardware color) will take approximately 6-8 weeks for production and jackets with any major pattern changes (different pockets, different sleeve or body length, removing features, etc.) will require 4-6 months for production. This longer time is due to the current bottleneck in the patterning department at Vanson.

2. spacepope

spacepope Well-Known Member

If we're on the list for fit jackets how long you think they'll take?

3. AeroleathersTB

Hi spacepope,

Customers who have pre-paid for the fit jackets will get the first jackets that come through production--this is estimated to finish mid-January. We'll post an update as soon as the first jackets come through!

4. RXS09

RXS09 Well-Known Member

@Thurston Bros

I know we don't have exact measurements yet, but what size would you guess I'd be in this jacket? 6'1 185 lbs, normally wear size large/42/52

Not sure if a M/L or a L would be best for me. Thanks in advance

5. AeroleathersTB

Based on your height and weight, you'd want to go for the M/L for a tighter fit and the L for a more relaxed fit!

6. RXS09

RXS09 Well-Known Member

7. rbnman

rbnman Well-Known Member

Mid Jan has come and gone

1 person likes this.
  8. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

Styleforum is the land of leather jacket disappointments

4 people like this.
  9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Maybe contact Thurston Bros. Phones still work. Also, AFAIK, there is a long waiting list of the trial jackets.

1 person likes this.
  10. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

That sucks, I'm not waiting a year for something, even though I'm not filling a need in my wardrobe. Ah well.

1 person likes this.
  11. LA Guy

You are channelling DIstorb. Sample making is expensive and time consuming. It would have been faster if we'd gotten the sample right the first time, but that is hardly ever the case.

1 person likes this.
  12. rbnman

rbnman Well-Known Member

Just trying to trigger an update. Trial jacket is out of scope for me I think given i'm cross the atlantic. I just need the size chart/grade with detailed measurements and should be able to order based on that.

1 person likes this.
  13. diniro

diniro Well-Known Member

I contacted them a couple days ago. They said the pattern is done and should go into production at any moment now. They also have to hand cut the leather because the water jet cutter broke so it's taking longer than expected.

1 person likes this.
  14. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

turning into the TOJ thread slowly :lol:

2 people like this.
  15. LA Guy

Except that Thurston Bros. is the largest supplier of motorcycle jackets in the PNW, and Vanson is a large, national, company.

The delays that you see here are due to the inertia of working with such a large company is doing sample making, which is precisely the opposite of the problems that seem to be plagueing ToJ (i.e. one dude stops, it all stops.)

1 person likes this.
  16. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

:lol: Fok i was beint facetious

17. AeroleathersTB

Unfortunately, we aren't in control of the production process, so the timeline is out of our control. Vanson has had to deal with several setbacks recently that have slowed both the patterning process and production, so we're pleased that the Daredevils are finally in production. We will have an update on Monday or Tuesday...the Vanson production manager has been traveling for most of January.
    We've had many inquiries, both through email and over the phone...everyone is eager to get these first jackets! It's been a slow process, but we're excited to see the final result!

18. AeroleathersTB

This has been a frustrating issue because it slows down all production, but the jackets were in the process of being cut this past week and we should know a little more once the work week starts!

Once the jackets arrive, we'll give a detailed post with all information for ordering and what jackets are still available for immediate shipment (not reserved). There will also be lots of photos!

19. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

I know thurston is a stable and well established seller and that everyone will get their jacket, I just mean that if I have to wait months for the sample + months for the jacket it isn't worth it for me, I'm not into long drawn out processes for clothing.

1 person likes this.
  20. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Well-Known Member

Saw my emails earlier today when I was told early November ship dates..

Glad I found that TOJ on grailed lol