1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Vanda - not only excellent merchandise but AMAZING customer service

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Big A, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

After reading reports about Vanda and seeing some of Spoo's stuff I ordered a couple of ties and lapel pins from Vanda. One tie had a really minor issue I actually fixed myself, but I wrote Gerald to let him know.

Immediately, Gerald contacted me to find out more about the problem (which, as i mentioned, was already taken care of). He then went to the trouble to send me a new tie, with fast shipping at his own expense, even though I never even asked for a return. He said he just wanted me to receive perfect merchandise, because that is what they strive for.

I was thinking about it, and I think this might be the best customer service I've ever received from any vendor, ever. It's frankly a smart strategy, because they've now got a loyal customer for life - as long as they make stuff, I'll be buying it.

I decided to post here just to give them the kudos they deserve. Much has been written about the absolutely amazing quality of their merchandise. Rest assured the service matches the goods.

4 people like this.
  2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

3. ColdEyedPugilist

ColdEyedPugilist Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Vanda is a class act.

4. Rich0116

Rich0116 Well-Known Member

1) Make high quality merchandise

2) Respect and honor your clients

Gerald and Diana get it. How come so many other companies (even the small ones) don't?

5. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Well-Known Member

Gerald and Diana are fantastic people and they make fantastic products.I think this is winning combination

2 people like this.
  6. dragon8

dragon8 Well-Known Member

Totally agree. They both are great people.

7. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Well-Known Member

Absolutely - every time they send me stuff I'm really happy it, always fantastic over email answering questions and accommodating any requests.

8. Putonghua73

Putonghua73 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Nothing but praise for their products and customer service. I also like their distinctive, elegant and refined packaging - using the Vanda Miss Joaquim orchid (Singapore's national flower).

Sometimes when you see pictures of people, you get an insight into their character. Both Gerald and Diana look lovely and warm people from their pictures.

I really need to clean my coffee table so I can use it as a frame to take pictures of the ties and the box I ordered some months ago,

9. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

This makes me want to buy from them

10. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to think up something to order. Too bad they don't have extra long ties.

11. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Well-Known Member

Shoot them an email, they might be able to make a longer one for you.

12. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

great customer service. placed a big order with EG Cappelli and had some things to sort out. will report back

13. Mark Seitelman

Mark Seitelman Well-Known Member

I'll second the excellent opinions on Vanda's customer service and quality.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  14. Hampton

Hampton Well-Known Member

I have not tried out Vanda yet but I wanna. After using Brioni and now after Rubinacci this is something I very much would like to try.

How would you compare Vanda to Brioni or Rubinacci since it's the only brand I have used now.

15. Noblesse

Noblesse Member

This, if they have fabric available (which they do for most ties), they will make a custom length/width tie for SGD15 for the first and SGD10 for ties after that. Despite being custom made, they are made and shipped very quickly. Highly recommended.

16. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

just placed my first order for 2 ties :slayer:

17. cold war painter

cold war painter Well-Known Member

++, it is a standard part of their service now, they have custom made for me and done an excellent job. Vanda & Hober are pretty much the only makers I buy from now since having the exact width and length of ties I prefer means life is a little bit simpler.

(One of this year's projects is to go through all my RTW ties and have my favourites remade to preferred specs and then ditch the rest.)

I have never used either so I can't give specifics but there is a lot of info about Vanda in this thread.

18. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

:slayer:

19. satorstyle

satorstyle Well-Known Member

They are excellent, I'll chime in as well. I've shown their products to people not really into clothing and they recognize there is something special in the craftsmanship. Really a special company!

20. Mark Seitelman

Mark Seitelman Well-Known Member

I cannot comment on Rubinacci.

Brioni is a traditional tie with a substantial interlining, tipping, and tie keeper. Its tie keeper is often fancy, such as a gold chain with a Brioni charm in the center.

In comparison, the Vanda tie either has no lining or a light one. Also, there is no tipping; the edges are hand sewn. Finally, there is no tie keeper.

I would say that the Vanda tie is a lighter construction by reason of no lining or minimal lining.

Finally, Vanda is better priced than full-priced Brioni and Rubinacci.

Good luck.