1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Uniqlo x Lemaire FW2015 thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by OccultaVexillum, Oct 1, 2015.

1. kjv

kjv Member

Ordered the seersucker suit. Everything else I want (mostly basics) can wait till sales. How are the shorts with the waist strap in person? Those seemed to go really quickly.

2. linstar

linstar Well-Known Member

Wanted the ice cream shirts and the stand collar shirts,but they swept out fast in my size. Hopefully some of the basic boat neck Ts and sweaters will be okay.

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Nice that there seems to be less demand this time around. To me everything seems more wearable for everyday. I think the double forward pleat pants will wear better due to the thinner fabric compared to FW15. Glad to have picked up some of those convertible collar shirts, missed out last year. Just need to nail down the fit.

4. NYLON

NYLON Well-Known Member

I think the availability and how reports online indicated Sell Outs everywhere drove the hype up. This time being the 2nd & final release I'm glad they cor-ordinated better in terms of QTY and availability. Seems like some items are slated for the later drop in the later part of March.

I tried out the seersucker pants...I think those demanded a size down (IMO). I didn't get them at the end because the length...is fkn long! I may get the cotton chinos as last year's were really much felt like wearing canvas pants.

The short sleeve button shirts, henleys and boat necks are the quickest to move. Of course, the basic crew tees as well due to the price point. I got all the colorways of the convertible shirts from FW15...seems to be a different material this time. The ones from last year were more poplin like & thus left crumple marks easily. Still love the cut tho.

The linen blend seems to be sitting. Would be interesting to see what's left for sale next month.

5. Moonchild

Moonchild Well-Known Member

well im thinking about buying the light grey pleated seersucker pants... so you'd recommend sizing down? It wont affect the "loose" look? And from the lookbook they should be worn high on the waist... so im really not sure anymore lol

6. NYLON

NYLON Well-Known Member

The ash grey ones were the ones I tried. Really long and I'm forced to roll them up...which kinda defeats the point as they looked quite formal. It's really light. I didn't try the next size down unfortunately as that size was not available.

7. RaraAtTea

RaraAtTea Member

is the ss16 way slimmer compared to uniqlo regular line and aw15?

i got the convertible collar shirt from both season in the same size, but the ss16 one seems to fit me a tad tight.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  8. badeggcat

badeggcat Well-Known Member

@RaraAtTea The convertible collar shirts are slimmer that the regular line. The stand collar shirts are slightly wider while the short sleeves are loose fitting.

9. ManofKent

ManofKent Well-Known Member

Any thoughts on the chambray? What's it like in real life - washed out denimesque or more oxford shirting? Basically how casual?

10. NYLON

NYLON Well-Known Member

TBH, i didn't find anything special with the chambray that compares against the other releases in their own chambray line.

EDIT:

Btw, for those that are thinking about sizing up on the short sleeves..don't. The neck opening is already slightly loose in your actual size, going up will make the neck hole even bigger.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  11. Brave49er

Brave49er New Member

Ordered the cardigan (dark green). Only other items that piqued my interest were the polos.

12. CityMap

CityMap Well-Known Member

just checked it out here in Japan.
    the first Lemaire x Uniqlo collaboration saw lines and many people buying up stuff within an hour
    this second one, totally barren. tons of stock, totally ignored.

that said, I found the supima cotton sweaters to look and feel pretty nice, surprisingly.

13. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

The short sleeved pocket tees are listed this time as machine dryable, unlike the fall/winter long sleeve pocket tees, which were line-dry. So that's cool, though the two models seem very similar, so I wonder if the line dry ones are actually dryable.

Whoever was asking, the back-of-neck cotton/poly blend triangle construction is the same as the fall/winter ones.

first two pics are the new short sleeve, second two are the old long sleeve. the short sleeve green color is lighter than the long sleeve's green color.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    2 people like this.
  14. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

Checked out what they had at the closest Uniqlo to my house and was kinda underwhelmed. The girls' stuff seemed a lot nicer, the trench had a great fabric for the price and the seersucker blouse was cute.

I ended up getting some navy trousers, an off-white boat neck and a linen blend button-down. I liked the fit on the linen blend, it's short in the body and has a wide neck so you can button it to the top button comfortably.

I might have to check out the Shibuya Uniqlo later on to see if the shorts are worth buying.

1 person likes this.
  15. Moonchild

Moonchild Well-Known Member

How is the sizing on these shirts? TTS? And the trousers?
    The shorts have some nice details (the little buttoned pocket, the cinches on the side to adjust the waist, the pleats) but im afraid they might be, well, short-shorts... not ready for the slutty bare legs look lol

16. hayaoyamaneko

hayaoyamaneko Well-Known Member

Anyone have measurements on the collarless shirts? Couldn't find them on the Uniqlo JP website.

17. ghdvfddzgzdzg

tried out the big-collar ocbds. love the comfort/freedom of the oversize collar, and the length is great for not tucking it in. but with the hem being squared off plus the collar, it looks a little like i found a big shirt at the thrift store and had it tailored down. also, the armholes are bigger than they should be for a size small, and finally, the cloth is thin enough that you can see the french placket construction through the shirt in some lighting conditions.

no idea if all of this is somehow intentional, but it makes for a pretty weird shirt, and it's not all the good kind of weird.

18. rsoNNNNN

rsoNNNNN New Member

Looking for the striped longsleeve oxford in blue/green, size L. Can't believe I missed out on it!

19. ghdvfddzgzdzg

stuff's popping up on ebay (in inflated prices), you could set an alert

20. NYLON

NYLON Well-Known Member

The Linen blended check ones have this problem. It's thin enough to see the outline of the inner flaps under direct light. I wonder how this got left out during sample production...