• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uniqlo x Lemaire FW2015 thread

Moonchild

Reaction score
As far as the knit cardigan, I rather liked it although I bought it TTS and I think I should have sized up so it felt more generous like in the mainline, so I returned it. However, try wearing it with the shawl turned up like you did with your shawl coat the way Lemaire showed it in FW12. I always planned on wearing it underneath a regular blazer or coat as well, so you have the upturned rounded shawl contrasting a normal lapel.

Wow, thnks for the tip! Funny thing I actually chose that cardigan because of that FW 2013 pic but completely forgot about it ahha.. will def try to wear it that way :)

javy

Reaction score
BTW, visited the local Uniqlo store again today and no signs of the collection. I called the general number a day after the collection opened up and was told that the west coast was not scheduled yet to receive inventory. The Uniqlo x Lemaire collection was only available in NY. @Parker , @dieworkwear Did you guys happen to visit the store in SF and see signs? I know someone in here from LA was complaining of no stock available
Which store did you visit? I went to the one in South Coast the day the collection was released at around noon. I picked up the high neck sweater (navy and cream), navy wool/cashmere relaxed pants, and dark green sweatpants.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I visited the store in Milpitas, CA. Maybe the store in Valley Fair across from Santana Row has some in stock. The Great Mall is suppose to be more of discount outlet nowadays, so, perhaps Uniqlo cannot imagine such a collection existing at that location =\

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In the bay, only union square is getting it.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know someone in here from LA was complaining of no stock available.

lol that was me. This whole thing is ridiculous. So you guys have seen it in SF and South Coast LA? That interesting… perhaps you should inform Uniqlo managers of that because they are not aware of it. In LA I went to the Beverly Center which is supposedly the main LA store. As I said before, totally piecemeal, some **** here and there. They had some stuff in the back and didn't even know it… 3 days later they sent it back to NYC.

This rollout will be used in future MBA case studies as a quintessential example of moronic ineptitude.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

@Parker, @dieworkwear Did you guys happen to visit the store in SF and see signs? I know someone in here from LA was complaining of no stock available.

Actually haven't made it to Uniqlo. Some of the pieces looked cool, but the women's stuff seemed so much more interesting. Menswear side felt a little dull in comparison, so I didn't go.

kjv

Reaction score
will have to echo on the mock necks being small. got a few in and went with my normal size S but ended up being skin tight, decent quality and fairly warm. also got a shirt jacket, quite like it as a beater jacket but going back cause it's too small. overall, good collab but disappointing it wasn't made more widely available-- would've loved to try things on

Landscape

Reaction score
Yeah, I got a navy one in S and a black one in M as they were the only two left, but it was ok because I was bit unsure whether I needed an M or S - the M definitely fits better. Sad I was too late for the rest of the stuff I might've wanted, but the mock necks were what I really wanted so that's ok,and I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality.

If anyone finds a mock neck in ivory/cream size M please let me know, willing to pay for proxy
smile.gif

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somehow I was able to get an order in … and this time it was actually delivered.

Convertible collar shirt in Navy
Hidden placket shirt in White
Wool/cashe blend pants in Black
Funky sweatpants in Olive … all size small.

Seems TTS to me, cut well and overall pretty good. I'm pleased with everything and it fits perfectly. My only minor gripe in the "Navy" shirt is very dark.. as others have stated it reads black except in direct sunlight.

arcturuz

Reaction score

Somehow I was able to get an order in … and this time it was actually delivered.

Convertible collar shirt in Navy
Hidden placket shirt in White
Wool/cashe blend pants in Black
Funky sweatpants in Olive … all size small.

Seems TTS to me, cut well and overall pretty good. I'm pleased with everything and it fits perfectly. My only minor gripe in the "Navy" shirt is very dark.. as others have stated it reads black except in direct sunlight.

i also have the convertible collar shirt in Navy and Hidden placket shirt in White

the convertible collar shirt seems to fit slightly tighter at the chest compared to the hidden placket shirt

wonder if this is the case for you too

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i also have the convertible collar shirt in Navy and Hidden placket shirt in White

the convertible collar shirt seems to fit slightly tighter at the chest compared to the hidden placket shirt

wonder if this is the case for you too

hmmm… I just went and tried them both on in front of the mirror. I'll be honest I can't really discern any noticeable difference.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the shawl jacket and hidden placket shirt in yesterday. Not sure if I'll keep the jacket but the shirt is nice, it's like a deep moss green and not grey like the wool greens apparently are.

How see through is the hp shirt in white? Might bit some up if it's not totally transparent.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How see through is the hp shirt in white? Might bit some up if it's not totally transparent.

I don't think it's an issue honestly… and I say that as one who is not cool with see-through, "hey-check-out-my-nipples" kinda fabric. I almost always wear an undershirt anyway for care-of-the-shirt and insulation purposes, so a white tee underneath will mitigate any see-through concerns completely… but I tried it on solo as well and thought it was fine.

Last edited:

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a couple items, thoughts:

-Cashmere blend pants are nice but need serious hemming and I'm tall. Details are fine, maybe a tad overpriced but they are basically lux sweatpants. Anybody know if Uniqlo will tailor these for free? It's unclear because the hem is weird...

-Long sleeve tee is also winner here in terms of fit. Too bad because theres nothing particularly special about it but its great for layering. I got every color and will keep two.

-Convertible shirt is too slim for the style. Sizing up would make arms too long but details and cutting are nice. Navy is black as people mentioned, wish this fit a little more generous like the other shirts.

-The collarless shirt with 3/4 placket is nice but just doesn't fit my aesthetic. Fit here is spot on and the bottom half didn't look weird as people mentioned. Fabric not too see through either as some people were worried.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads