1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Uniqlo Premium Linen Shirts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by cardguy, May 2, 2011.

1. cardguy

cardguy Well-Known Member

Does anyone have experience with the long-sleeve linen shirts being sold by Uniqlo right now? I am thinking of ordering a few, but I don't live in NY so I wanted to get some feedback before pulling the trigger.

I'm referring to these: http://www.uniqlo.com/us/explorer.ht...067933-000-63/

2. Marcellionheart

Marcellionheart Well-Known Member

I was gonna buy some, but they felt pretty scratchy. Maybe I'm just not used to linen shirts.

3. GBear

GBear Well-Known Member

Wearing one right now.

4. cardguy

cardguy Well-Known Member

Wearing one right now.

And?

5. Maccimus

Maccimus Well-Known Member

Wearing one right now too. Very slim I have to say.

6. Journeyman

Journeyman Well-Known Member

I bought three some weeks ago - the sky blue, navy blue and orange.

Naturally enough, they're not Borrelli.
    However, given that they are about $30 each, from memory, the shirts are great for the price.
    Quite slim-fitting, nice feel to the cloth, and nice colours.

Note that the collars do not have stays, removable or otherwise. Given that I'm never going to wear a tie with these shirts, I don't think that matters.

7. Tangfastic

Tangfastic Well-Known Member

Great casual shirts I think. Not as thick linen as my old non-premium linen Uniqlo shirts, but still nice enough, particularly for the price. I've got quite a lot of them, I pretty much always wear linen shirts casually.

8. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Got one from their NY store via email order. It's comfy and slim fitting. Can't complain.

9. acl1

acl1 Well-Known Member

sleeves are relatively short, i believe something like 31.5 for a size small. This was the major deterrant for me. If they fit you i'd go for it.

10. Achilles_

Achilles_ Well-Known Member

Anyone wear them untucked? I'm searching for a good shirt to wear casually with linen shorts (think beach wear/very very casual where pants are a no-no)

Wish they didn't have a pocket [​IMG]

11. david123

david123 Well-Known Member

I bought two in M. I think they're a bit long to wear untucked, though I would never tuck them in. Would it be crazy to have a tailor shorten them? I was going to try washing them, maybe even throw in the dryer for 10-20 minutes, to see if the naturally wrinkling shortens them at all. They are slim though I wish they were slimmer in the waist and hips. Overall nice shirts though.