1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Uniqlo Jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

I was gonna say, I went to the biggest Uniqlo in China earlier today and they had no slim selvage +J denim. They had the skinny straight in a variety of colors nobody would ever want (mao suit blue, wheat, and pitch black, wtf?) and a regular fit but none of them were selvage. Uniqlo, I am dissapoint. :[

2. Jonah

Jonah Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as a +J selvedge denim. There are three types of selvedge from Uniqlo far as I know.

1. The original MIJ raw.
    2. The UJ raw Made in China (with selvedge coin pcket).
    3. The *new* UJ MIJ raw.

I own the original MIJ raw and the last time I have been to Uniqlo the new UJ MIJ's are quite similar is not exactly the same. The slim Uniqlo 30x34 fit similar to APC NS size 29 after stretching a little.

3. ma1

ma1 Well-Known Member

the label on those jeans is clearly uj...

4. duration

duration Well-Known Member

I don't know actual numbers, but I tried some Japan Slims on (proxy for a friend), I'm a true 30, and 30 fit pretty well, just a little bit tight off the shelf. I'd say the rise on the 30 was around 10", pretty much a mid-low rise.

I'd honestly recommend TTS, or 1 down at most (based on aforementioned proxy).

The Japan/selvage denim models are button fly.

I agree, size down 1 if possible. I have the a black raw from 2007 that I got in London, in sz 30 and it got stretched out real quickly. Last year I got another the All Made in Japan ones in sz 29 and they fit much better.

5. DXanatos

DXanatos Active Member

How can I order jeans from Uniqlo online or by phone? I checked the website, but I don't know what happen to their selection.

6. ryoneo

ryoneo Well-Known Member

Just got these today! For ~ $30 each, they're going to be great beaters.
    [​IMG]

7. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Well-Known Member

Makes me want to pick up a pair myself.

8. mlyngard

mlyngard Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as a +J selvedge denim. There are three types of selvedge from Uniqlo far as I know.

1. The original MIJ raw.
    2. The UJ raw Made in China (with selvedge coin pcket).
    3. The *new* UJ MIJ raw.

I own the original MIJ raw and the last time I have been to Uniqlo the new UJ MIJ's are quite similar is not exactly the same. The slim Uniqlo 30x34 fit similar to APC NS size 29 after stretching a little.

the label on those jeans is clearly uj...

I agree, size down 1 if possible. I have the a black raw from 2007 that I got in London, in sz 30 and it got stretched out real quickly. Last year I got another the All Made in Japan ones in sz 29 and they fit much better.

I wasn't sure of the actual current designation or model number, since Uniqlo is pretty spare about that. I know their premium stuff is +J, and these were located upstairs in the +J area. UJ then? Guess so, but definitely a rework of the previous incarnation with selvage line on coin pocket. Nice jeans and feel like they'll stretch.

Makes me want to pick up a pair myself.

Do.

How can I order jeans from Uniqlo online or by phone? I checked the website, but I don't know what happen to their selection.

As far as I know, they're for sale in-store only. No website, and didn't even appear in the Uniqlo 'denim' brochure I was given in the store with my purchase either. Not sure what the marketing intent is, except to probably keep it 'exclusive' seeming...

9. name

name Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  10. name

name Well-Known Member

How is the sizing of the Uniqlo slim fit goes, compared to the Levi's 511s? Same/slightly smaller/slightly larger? The fit is also similar?

11. name

name Well-Known Member

How the quality of the jeans sold in the US and UK compare? The UK site says Japanese denim, the US site says denim from Greece, Australia and the US (the non selvedge, cheaper jeans).

12. carminetonic

carminetonic Member

they fit is very similar , there are waist measurements on the uniqlo site, you might need to size down

1 person likes this.
  13. lovelux2010

lovelux2010 Well-Known Member

hello, sorry for another sizing question. want to get the regular or perhaps relaxed type fit uniqlo RAW jeans, how should i size them for a normal fit?..what size measured waist versus measured jeans?

14. name

name Well-Known Member

What is the difference?

MEN Slim Fit Straight Jeans H
    £34.90
    Colour: 68 BLUE
    MATERIAL: 98% Cotton, 2% Spandex

MEN Slim Fit Straight Jeans(Os) (New)
    £19.90
    Colour: 68 BLUE
    MATERIAL: 99% Cotton, 1% Spandex

Edit: how these basic (non-selvage) Uniqlo jeans compare in quality for other brands? What other brands or models these exceeds in quality or what are equals from other brands?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  15. name

name Well-Known Member

There used to be an interview with head of Uniqlo's Jeans department. I can't find. Do you happen to have it? Thanks in advance.

16. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  17. name

name Well-Known Member

Yes, that was it. Thanks for digging it up.

Anyways, I wonder if anything good can be said about the cheap Uniqlo jeans? (USD/GBP 20, depending on market) Are they good value for the money? Unfortunately, I do not live in one of the services countries. Can be proxied, though.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013