• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dan'l

Reaction score

I have the grey Moonbeam with purple/lavender windowpane. I really like it.

Women adore it.

Would you like to share some pics? It's a bit hard to visualize how it looks when made up since the sample pics on the Harrisons site are so small.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Every tailor I have known runs two lines of stitching on the seat. One on top of the other. There is a special nylon thread that has a natural elasticity to it that is designed to use only on the inseam and waist/ seat seam. We use this on certain cloths.

What you are describing doesn't sound like a comfortably cut trouser

Depending on the tensile strength of the cloth, I would be concerned about the cloth tearing rather than the seam splitting.

Thanks; it's Dugdale's Cape Breeze mohair blend. My tailor just told me to be careful. I do request a slim fitting trouser, so I guess I should just accept the risk of tearing. Though I wouldn't be adverse to perhaps inserting a couple centimeter wide band of Lycra down the whole length of the inside leg seam? In matching color of course. Then I could climb stairs without fear.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
On mohair I put strips of lining cut on the bias on both side of the seat seam to reinforce and share the stress on the seam.

You feel the snugness of this cloth as it has no give at all

Last edited:

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On mohair I put strips of lining cut on the bias on both side of the seat seam to reinforce and share the stress on the seam.

You feel the snugness of this cloth as it has no give at all

Indeed, I almost hate the slim trousers of my mohair suit. I recently asked my tailor to cut me a pair in those same fabric but in a full cut with pleats...

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my completed Minnis 301 flannel DB yesterday. Thanks to everyone for their help in narrowing down the fabric.

12308517974_f8cedd87b8_c.jpg

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks nice - big cuffs! You may want to think about slimming those sleeves in the next iteration.

Who was the maker?

Last edited:

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks nice - big cuffs! You may want to think about slimming those sleeves in the next iteration.

Who was the maker?

Cheers. It's my local MBT here in Toronto.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just picked up my completed Minnis 301 flannel DB yesterday. Thanks to everyone for their help in narrowing down the fabric.

Nice. That fabric - or its heavier cousin, the 0317 - is on my hit list for a DB suit.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TRINI, looks very good. Maybe a tad too long and loose but that's just personal preference.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
I like the fit of the jacket a lot. Given the texture and weight of the material, I like how it hangs in a more relaxed manner. It's likely the angle of the photo, but it appears that the pants weren't cut with the same fit in mind, however. They seem a bit slim to my eye and accentuate the "loose" jacket look that forex is referring to. Again, likely just the picture, but I'd prefer a slightly fuller pant to better compliment the drape and look of the material. My $0.02.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads