1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Feb 10, 2008.

1. badsha

badsha Well-Known Member

Do you mind posting photos of the LL Piuma POW? I have not seen it yet. Delfino order went well. Most of the cut lengths went out already. I am working on something, hope it pans out.

2. Grammaton Cleric

Grammaton Cleric Well-Known Member

Sure - will throw something up later this evening.

Saw some stunning Del Fino fabrics at Frank Ercole's Manhattan store today. Would love to order some if you can get continued access!

3. jebarne

jebarne Well-Known Member

Looks nice. I bet it makes up into a nice suit

4. badsha

badsha Well-Known Member

What do guys think of these Cotton/Linen Carlo Barbera?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Grammaton Cleric

The blue and the gray in the first pic look excellent. The others are a bit too Miami Vice for me.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  6. Grammaton Cleric

7. bertie

bertie Well-Known Member

That's my plan.

8. tchoy

tchoy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Here you go my LL Etna was just delivered with the Mistral and Piuma. The Etna is amazing pure luxury the double sided finished is unique. I think I am going to make this one up quarter lined.

9. Concordia

Concordia Well-Known Member

What special edition?

10. S K M

S K M Well-Known Member

Looks extraordinary, thank you so much! Can't wait to pick up my own length...

Cheers,
    SKM

11. gusvs

gusvs Well-Known Member

Wow! Which side will you go with?

12. Slickman

Slickman Well-Known Member

Whats the deal with the new angora herringbone overcoat fabric? The pattern scale looks fantastic but I think the angora is too delicate to take any sort of beating

13. Grammaton Cleric

I'm guessing it's a blend of some sort. You're right in assuming that a 100% angora would be too fragile.

Frankly, I don't see anything quite that special about it. There are many patterns in the books that approximate that design / color, without the ridiculous LL charges.

14. Slickman

Slickman Well-Known Member

This is true, large scale herringbone is easily obtainable, I just think they nailed the scale of the pattern. The LL upcharge is something I can't allow myself to do unless it is really something that isn't put out there by others. Even the fox flannel collection at 18oz, is fantastic, but quite expensive compared to minnis, which is my go to flannel. Some of the things being put out by LL are just ridiculous in form and price, 1000g cashmere overcoating for example was upwards of 400-500 pounds per meter, and if it rains, I doubt the high quality kashmir will last

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  15. obama

obama Well-Known Member

Hi, has anyone seen or even made up something with Fox flannel gray herringbone? I like herringbone but prefer some pattern more sutle for business suits. But in the fox website, I really cannot see any pattern at all. Any real life experience? Pic and opinion will be highly appreciated.

16. tchoy

tchoy Well-Known Member

Going with the brown side as I already have a cashmere jacket in grey. Don't think you can go wrong either way.

17. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Well-Known Member

I was perusing books at Ercoles today and was struck by a woolen flannel by Fox. It was a fairly large scale glenplaid with an extremely faint windowpane (I couldnt even see it at first but Frank thinks it is blueish green). I could have sworn Whnay looked at something like this earlier but cant find it in this thread. Has anyone had experience with this fabric before and if so, how did it turn out? I am little concerned it will look too bold in the end.

18. gherrmann

gherrmann Well-Known Member

the everest 1000g cashmere was 450GBP per meter. have you come across it in real life? the tariff was stratospheric, to be sure, but the cloth is amazing. it has an incredible, dense hand that is both soft and resilient. I actually think the cloth will take more of a beating than one would ever expect cashmere to be able to withstand. really, I've never seen anything like it.

19. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Recent purchases from Huddersfield.

1 person likes this.
  20. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

Those last three lengths look really nice, Jerry. Are they from the Worsted Alsport collection?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013