1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Unexpected encounters with celebrities

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by caelte, Sep 2, 2007.

1. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Well-Known Member

I ran into Run DMC in Amsterdam once while on a stop-over with my brother, sometime in the late 90s.

2. The Deacon

The Deacon Well-Known Member

Last time I was at Venice Beach I saw Wilt playing handball, Bigitte Neilsen half naked as was her want in those days, comedian Michael Collyer, Shawn Ray of Body Building fame, the rollerskating turbaned freckled faced brother who played guitar while rolling and singing and the topper was Stacey Dash of Clueless in a see through gossamer sarong bereft of drawers, She was stunning with aboslutely no makeup on looking at CDs and oblivious to the attention. 1994.

3. Aptidude

Aptidude Member

Jesse Jackson - Northwestern flight from Detroit to Chicago (I helped him get the attention of the flight attendant by saying, "Miss! Mr. Jackson neeeeeeds you!" He looked at me like I was crazy.

Alan Alda - Walking somewhere in the UWS and heard him thanking a cab drive. Immediately recognized the voice and shook his hand.

Anna Kornikova - Some mall in Hilton Head where she was playing in a tennis tournament. I got a picture with her. Was in high school so I was pretty excited.

Dan Aykyroyd - Outside Second City getting into a limo. I said to my sister that Dan Aykyroid got fat and he heard me. I was so ashamed with myself.

Jennifer Aniston - SNL after party at Dos Caminos on Park. She was ALONE in a booth and I didn't have the balls to talk to her. Ashamed again.

Chistina Ricci - Party in LA. Did a line off her stomach.

4. The Deacon

The Deacon Well-Known Member

Jesse Jackson - Northwestern flight from Detroit to Chicago (I helped him get the attention of the flight attendant by saying, "Miss! Mr. Jackson neeeeeeds you!" He looked at me like I was crazy.

Alan Alda - Walking somewhere in the UWS and heard him thanking a cab drive. Immediately recognized the voice and shook his hand.

Anna Kornikova - Some mall in Hilton Head where she was playing in a tennis tournament. I got a picture with her. Was in high school so I was pretty excited.

Dan Aykyroyd - Outside Second City getting into a limo. I said to my sister that Dan Aykyroid got fat and he heard me. I was so ashamed with myself.

Jennifer Aniston - SNL after party at Dos Caminos on Park. She was ALONE in a booth and I didn't have the balls to talk to her. Ashamed again.

Chistina Ricci - Party in LA. Did a line off her stomach.

I know and sometimes work with Alan Alda's son in law who is a celebrity in his field and also brilliant and humorous.

5. mordecai

mordecai Well-Known Member

was at the farmer's market a couple hour ago when my friend spotted jake gyllenhaal. he seemed really disoriented and was rushing all over the place. whenever he'd pass by the girl we were with would make sure to make some sort of physical contact.

6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Maggie G used to live down the block from me when i lived in Park Slope

7. willpower

willpower Well-Known Member

Tom Hanks in a restaurant. Nice guy, walked to every table and shook hands with everyone.

8. Tibor

Tibor Well-Known Member

was being discharged from the county jail years ago and bumped in to prodigy from mobb deep i said "wassup" and he gave e the wassup head nod....[​IMG]

+100 Thats a great story! [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Well-Known Member

Tom Hanks in a restaurant. Nice guy, walked to every table and shook hands with everyone.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. On the one hand it's nice he doesn't think he's too good to talk yo the people.... But what kind of ego do you have to think I want you to interrupt my dinner to say hi??

10. fashion_newbie

fashion_newbie Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how I feel about that. On the one hand it's nice he doesn't think he's too good to talk yo the people.... But what kind of ego do you have to think I want you to interrupt my dinner to say hi??

I'm assuming he went to every table that wanted to talk to him. I have heard he is a nice guy as well and I have a hard time believe he stopped every table mid-dinner to say hi.
    Then again, I may be wrong.

11. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

I had a similar reaction. It's good he's nice and all, but I don't want my meal interrupted by someone I don't know who thinks I should say hi to him. I'm sure he wouldn't want every meal he eats in public to be constantly interrupted by fans.

12. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

I would purposefully confuse him with Dave Matthews and ask for his autograph.

13. romafan

romafan Well-Known Member

my sons were 'chatting' w/ the boy next to them getting dressed for hockey scrimmage - glanced over at fellow skate-lacer and it was det. stabler(chris meloni)

14. JSC437

JSC437 Well-Known Member

Recent stuff... well maybe past few months

Ed Norton in the elevator at my job
    Chris Mullin the basketball player at a Starbucks on UWS
    William Hurt... on the street UWS. I think he is an actor
    Danny Aiello in whole foods at TWC
    Robert Rubin on west 4th street... not sure if he is a celebrity
    Terry Richardson on Great Jones
    James Franco at NYU outside of Stern
    Larry David on 5th ave/14th street
    Matthew Broderick at the 72nd street subway station.. west side
    Jake Gylenhal at ABC Kitchen

15. mm84321

mm84321 Well-Known Member

Howard Stern and his wife at Nobu 57 at the next table. They were eating before the restaurant technically was open. Made eye contact, smiled and nodded. His wife had dessert, he didn't.

16. embowafa

embowafa Well-Known Member

Howard Stern and his wife at Nobu 57 at the next table. They were eating before the restaurant technically was open. Made eye contact, smiled and nodded. His wife had dessert, he didn't.

<----- jealous.

Beth O's got a bit of a horse face, but she's got a great body.

17. willpower

willpower Well-Known Member

Nice! That's a good sighting. Despite having billions, Howard is too neurotic to be happy.
    <----- jealous. Beth O's got a bit of a horse face, but she's got a great body.
    Too much plastic surgery as of late.

18. embowafa

embowafa Well-Known Member

Too much plastic surgery as of late.

Really? Didn't know that.

Great Body (relatively NSFW):
    [​IMG]

19. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Well-Known Member

Walked by Kelly Choi (previous host of Top Chef Masters, and some other NYC TV shows) at 18 and 5th Ave a few weekends ago. Taller than I expected, but still ugly. Far too much makeup for the day time as well.

20. foodguy

foodguy Well-Known Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    had dinner with jerry west once and he did the same thing. he kind of did a quick walk around the table and anyone who made eye contact, he said hello and shook their hand. struck me as a little weird, but in a way it defused the whole situation. people at the next tables were probably so impressed they didn't take notes on whether he ate dessert or not. also ... got all the "sign this"es out of the way so we weren't interrupted.