1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Type of shoe & trouser length

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by silkman, Dec 8, 2012.

1. silkman

silkman Active Member

Hello SF.

I decided to start a thread about this as I believe it hasn't been covered. From personal experience I have discovered that the trouser length actually depends on the kind of shoe one will wear. I always measure my trousers with the sort of shoes I will be wearing them with. If I chose different shoes, the trousers feel awkward...

It also depends - IMO again - with how skinny or regular the trousers legs are. Skinnier trousers look better with mocassins and regular ones with oxfords.

What do you think?