• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yah I am not rooting for anyone but deep down inside, I kind of want to see Broner knocked out. :lol:

Also, I am looking forward more to N'Dam v. Lemiuex over Ward, I think the winner would be a good test for GGG.

Make that an undercard for Canelo v Cotto and you got yourself a good PPV. I just hope Cotto just takes that fight instead of waiting for Mayweather to maybe pick him for a rematch.

[COLOR=FF00AA]It'll be another good night of boxing tomorrow though that's for sure[/COLOR].

Yep.
I want to see E Spence pushed(on the undercard) a bit as he is one of the promising fighters who may be a force in the next few years.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ref was trash, would have taken at least 2 points before that first point in the 11th.

Broner with the nice hook but I give that 12th round a 9-9.

It's a robbery if Porter loses.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too many training camps with Floyd...

Broner needs to mature into his own fighter...be humble...

Porter has a tremendous work ethic...

I would not be at all surprised if Porter wins it may give him a shot at Floyd.

Excellent performance by Porter all around.

Old School Rule in Boxing: The Busier Fighter Wins.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ward fighting on BET and there's a rap concert before his match?

Just get on with the fight!

Last edited:

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow...that was unexpected.

The NBC sports site shut me out in the 10th...

Wanted me to sign up...and I am not interested.

I am so happy for Shawn.

He is a great fighter/wrestler...
smile.gif

JK

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ward looks like he hasn't lost a beat but then again he was there with an overgrown punching bag tonight.

N'Damn v Lemieux is the match of the night despite the 4 knockdowns, it was still a hard fought 12 rounds. Either would be a good fight for GGG.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Too many training camps with Floyd...

Broner needs to mature into his own fighter...be humble...

Porter has a tremendous work ethic...

I would not be at all surprised if Porter wins it may give him a shot at Floyd.

Excellent performance by Porter all around.

Old School Rule in Boxing:  The Busier Fighter Wins.

This.
Broner is just trying too hard to be PBF Jr. Even in defeat, he talks ****. "I can take his girl out." What a joke.
I saw an interview with him this week where he said that he will be the main attraction after 36 minutes on Sat(Or something like that.) I guess not.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

[COLOR=FF00AA]Ward looks like he hasn't lost a beat but then again he was there with an overgrown punching bag tonight.
[/COLOR]

N'Damn v Lemieux is the match of the night despite the 4 knockdowns, it was still a hard fought 12 rounds. Either would be a good fight for GGG.

I stopped watching after the 5th or 6th round. Just a "top" sparring session...which he needed.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ward fighting on BET and there's a rap concert before his match?

Just get on with the fight!

I was in a text conversation with 4 friends during the Porter v AB fight. I text'd that Ward was also fighting on BET. None of them believed me. They were laughing when they realized that it was true.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yah Broner is just bad and that should be his last main event, seems like he was just happy to take $1.4m(?) and first thing he had to say after the interview was that he is good financially.

I mean Porter is good but he isn't really great, he looks like an uncoordinated brawler that just pressures and swings as it goes but Broner just couldn't do ****, it's like if he doesn't hit first then he has no back up plan but to clinch.

Such a wasted talent too, he has some natural born skills and speed and some power but just doesn't take boxing seriously.

On another note, GGGs promoter is supposedly going to contact Golden Boy for a Lemiuex fight next.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Porter reminds me of Bradley.
Nothing special.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads