1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by TyCooN, Nov 8, 2009.

1. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

Not a JCC fan.
    My fave 3 are: Pernell W, Macho and Hagler. Fluke that they are all southpaws.
    JCC got a gift when he KO'd M Taylor with no time left on the clock(I have that fight on DVD.) Richard Steele needed to let him continue. JCC also got a give vs Pernell(also have that on DVD.)

2. gladhands

gladhands Well-Known Member

Sweet Pea and Hagler are also two of my favorites, and you're absolutely right about the gift that JCC got against Whitaker. Third favorite? Y'all musta forgot.

3. ter1413

I just like the swag that Macho brought to the game during his time. Dude was 79-6 and was NEVER ko'd. NEVER. That say something about the era that he was in.

4. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

Whitaker-Chavez is the best fight I ever saw in my life. They had to rob Pernell in the end though.

Do you happen to be left handed yourself?

5. Texasmade

Texasmade Well-Known Member

Lol. That was a great song.

6. ter1413

7. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

alright....who ducked who

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/i...ao-active-talks-fight-timothy-bradley-jr-june

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  8. ter1413

9. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

^^ how so. (i haven't really read or followed any of the negotiations, so i really don't know).

my guess is we will never hear he true story.

10. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

Not really. Fight was proposed within a time frame that could not have worked for Pac. He's got another job you know, and he's not the one who needs to stack some cash to delay going broke before he goes inside for beating up a women.

11. ter1413

another job? you joking....
    what? fugazy singer? councilman?? come on....he is a fighter!

12. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

snitchiao was fine with May 5th when the potential opponent was supposed to be Marquez. He was no longer available for May 5th after Mayweather locked that date. snitchiao can go back to filing lawsuits against boxers he's unwilling to fight or retire off into politics.

13. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

Not too thrilled for this upcoming fight on May 5th. snitchiao was too busy ducking, Martinez already has a fight lined up, and now we have to settle for Mayweather-Cotto.

14. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

Who else will he fight? Martinez is already fighting in March as you said so no one really.

And as for PAC fighting bradley, what a joke. He will get KO. I don't understand why people hype him up for.

I have a feeling pac and floyd will fight eachother and then both retire.

15. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

As a Mayweather fan I feel we're getting the bare minimum of what's acceptable with a Miguel Cotto fight. This Cotto is much better than the proposed Alvarez fight, but I'm not as excited for this as I was Mayweather's last 3 fights, this includes the Marquez one. I'll still be paying for this one though.

16. ter1413

Not a southpaw....

Same here. Nice fight but............
    I will tell you, Cotto looked much better in his last fight vs Marg. I was at the Garden for the fight and then watched the replay a week or so later....PBF will still take him apart...

17. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

The window for PAC and Floyd to fight each other is closing fast. If they don't fight eachother next well they should retire. I don't care who's fault it is, too much money on the line for them not to fight. I'm a Mayweather fan myself but these two fools just keep dodging each other.

Floyd will walk circles around Cotto.

18. ter1413

+1. If they don't get it on in Nov....I don't want to hear that anyone is duckin anyone.................

19. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

whooops

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  20. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

looks like bradley-snitchiao has been signed.

Bradley like the majority of pacquiao opponents isn't coming off an impressive win in his most recent outing, but Bradley-pacquiao should be a good fight.

Tim will do better than expected, and people sleeping on this fight are missing out. One of manny's better opponent selections in recent years.

manny's limitations has been permanently highlighted recently. Bradley's hunger, determination, and decent Ring IQ will give manny trouble.