1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Turnbull and Asser outfitting Bond again?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Jovan, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

I had almost forgotten that I signed up for T&A updates when I found this bit of news in my inbox: [​IMG] So... does this mean we're going to spot any turnback cuff shirts back in the Bond wardrobe? I certainly hope so. The thing that concerns me is that the bowtie looks pre-tied there, but then again this could just be for display. On a slightly different note, why is Bond tie-less in the opening sequence now?

2. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

Pre-packaged formalwear smacks of Men's Wearhouse.

3. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

But it's a LIMITED COLLECTION set! [​IMG] Mainly I'm just interested in what people think of T&A coming back to the Bond franchise. I also note that in a more modern twist, the shirt is fly fronted instead of having buttonholes for studs. Last time I saw formal shirts with this feature was in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. (Linked, since IMDB protects against direct image linking.)

4. heavyd

heavyd Well-Known Member

hooo haaa phoooey. i am a HUGE bond fan and its shameful to see them reach out to T&A - he was wearing lobb's too will they get them involved? how about Walther PPK? now that would be something!!!

5. TCN

TCN Well-Known Member

Ye Gads, that's worse than the Omega Seamaster with the litle "007's" all over the dial.

I thought Bond had moved up to a Walther P99 Compact as his sidearm of choice? A great small gun to be sure, but a very different look than the PP/PPK.

6. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

I thought he was just using a Walther P99 full size. Maybe it's different in this movie, but I could have sworn I saw a poster with a PPK. TCN: This is not worse. Nobody can point this out as a 007 branded piece when worn.

7. Carey

Carey Well-Known Member

I thought he was just using a Walther P99 full size. Maybe it's different in this movie, but I could have sworn I saw a poster with a PPK. TCN: This is not worse. Nobody can point this out as a 007 branded piece when worn.
    His pistol looks like a P99QA, because I think I see the butt of the grip extending to the bottom of his hand. The P99C is considerably smaller. Not an authorative answer. I am not sure I like this Bond, but the trailer plays more like one of the Bourne flicks, which would be a welcome respite from every other Bond film since Diamonds Are Forever.

8. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

i think i'll wait it out for the "talladega nights" limited edition ricky bobby racing suit collection.

9. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

I don't think Talladega Nights is established enough in film history to have its own limited edition clothing. [​IMG]

10. mrchapel

mrchapel Well-Known Member

Perhaps this is a sign of things to come? It does look a bit too Men's Wearhouse, but I suppose that depends on the purchaser's motive; collect or wear.

11. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

That's very tacky. Indeed, even the box is very badly designed. It looks like The Valentinu Luxury Milano set you might find at a Chinese flea market.

12. TCN

TCN Well-Known Member

I thought he was just using a Walther P99 full size. Maybe it's different in this movie, but I could have sworn I saw a poster with a PPK.

TCN: This is not worse. Nobody can point this out as a 007 branded piece when worn.

Yeah, but if I see that box in your closet . . . [​IMG]

I knew it was a P99, but just guessed that for concealment they would use the compact . . . either way, a nice gun, worked well for Kate Beckinsale in that Underworld movie.

13. whnay.

whnay. Well-Known Member

I recieved this the other day via email. A travesty, Lord help us all...