1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Truman Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by gfloridafan93, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. gsmith

gsmith Member

I measure an 8.5 on the brannock. Would I go with size 8 if I was wearing thinner socks?

3. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. Those derbies look great. Hopefully they get made.

1 person likes this.
  4. biabia

biabia Active Member

I'm 8.5D on the Brannock Device and I went TTS. It's snug with medium socks. A size 8 can probably work with thin socks.

5. Whirling

Whirling Well-Known Member

I am somewhere between a 10C and a 10.5C on the Brannock Device--maybe closer to 10.5C. My feet are also fairly "low volume." I went with a 10 and find them to fit very well. They were snug like new boots should be over my forefeet. There is plenty of room lengthwise...I like a half inch in front of my longest toes. This is all wearing medium-weight cotton or wool socks...not heavy boot socks...not dress socks.

YMMV, but I would say go TTS unless your feet are noticeably narrower and lower volume than average, in which case you should probably go down a half size. I can't say personally, but I would imagine guys with wider or higher volume feet might want to go up a half size, though the boots might start to feel too long.

Also, though it can sometimes be uncomfortable, wearing new boots with really thin socks can work until the boots stretch out a bit, but remember that boots don't stretch length-wise, only width-wise...never buy (or return if you do buy) a boot where your toes can touch the front of the boot.

1 person likes this.
  6. FENWAY

FENWAY Well-Known Member

Any pics of the Dark Olive leather in the wild?

7. Kahuna75

Nice leather - I would like to see it too. I would be all over that in a derby shoe.

8. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Well-Known Member

I hope he starts making C's.

9. Whirling

His D's are fairly snug...if one get wear any D's, I think one would stand a good shot with Trumans.

10. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Couple of new makeups at Mildblend Supply. Java waxed flesh and natty CXL. Saw them in Heddels Instagram.

11. Whirling

Yeah, they were on the Truman and Mild Blend Instagram accounts too. They look pretty good to me, but I picked up one pair of Trumans recently from stock and have a special order in the works, so I will probably wait on the Mild Blend boots for a little while.

I have purchased boots from Mild Blend before...they are super nice folks there and handled an issue with some boots very professionally and reasonably. I would definitely endorse this as a way to get some Trumans fast...

1 person likes this.
  12. dekalog

dekalog Well-Known Member

Horsehide:

[​IMG]

the only one on stitchdown !! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Whirling

Yeah, Truman is really hitting it out of the park these days. That leather looks great...must be expensive.

14. Kahuna75

I do not think Horsehide is that much more expensive...when the shell membrane part is attached the price jumps(not talking about shell cordovan with the hide removed) like Viberg did with the Horsebutt boots.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  15. linafelt

linafelt Well-Known Member

Anyone know if Truman takes returns on their ready-made boots off the website..? Still interested, but sizing is always a bear on my weird feet.

16. Whirling

I would ask them, but I am almost absolutely sure they will take back boots that do not show any signs of wear. I have heard that they do whatever they can for people with MTO boots too. Everybody also agrees to request their sizing advice and follow it. I can't represent their level of knowledge of it, but it is that most people should go TTS (Brannock). A few people with narrower feet should go down half size. A few people with wider feet should go up a half size. Then a few people with really wide or really narrow feet may not be able to wear them comfortably, but with the added variable of insoles, etc...

17. linafelt

linafelt Well-Known Member

Thanks. Yeah figured I could check with them, but word is that Vince is totally swamped with emails, so just figured to see if anyone here had experience returning.

I am always tricky to fit -- high arches, one foot bigger than the other, etc etc. And I am looking for a pair of boots that I can wear with my orthotics, which makes everything even trickier.

18. Whirling

They will happily make the left and right in different sizes, if that would help.

1 person likes this.
  19. zeroG3S

zeroG3S New Member

Just got my new pair of Java Waxed Flesh, unstructured toe, these boots are fantastic! They're a replacement to a pair of Oak Street boots and the fit and quality definitely feel like a step up, and they just look flat out much cooler. Comfortable and fit nicely right off the bat, the Java leather has such a unique color, I can't wait to break it in!

I would highly recommend these to anyone!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. J One

J One Well-Known Member

Nice!, were those special ordered? how long was the wait?