1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

True Blood

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Mauro, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Another crap episode. All the story lines are just falling apart at this point.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

It's so bad I'm almost going to be surprised if it gets renewed next time it's ready for re-up. It's just horrible. The only thing that could make this season have been worthwhile is if they definitively kill Russel in the season finale and Bill stops being born-again.

3. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Have you noticed that Russell's accent goes from a southern gentleman to a sort of stuffy Greek ruler when he gets angry this season?

4. Piobaire

It was sounding almost French to me last night.

5. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

A little, yeah. I can't quite put my finger on it. The whole thing's so odd when he just switches mid rant.

6. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Well-Known Member

I´m pretty dissapointed in this season. It started out promising, with bill and eric trying to scape and then getting caught, but now it´s just becoming quite boring.
    I hope they don´t fucking kill jason. Him and eric have always been the funniest characters to me. And the get involved in weird shit without being annoying (like tara and sookie).

7. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    I enjoy it still. I think there does need to be a mass purging of characters and a little more direction but I still like it a lot.

8. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

If I don't see Jessica topless by seasons end I'm done.

9. worakl

worakl Well-Known Member

The possibility of this is the only reason I'm still subbed to this thread.

10. Piobaire

They have a whole lot of threads to tie up in 60 minutes next week.

Felt like another toss away episode and they could have had all the plot development they managed to get through in 15 minutes.

11. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Well-Known Member

I think it fits in a neat little bow -

The nest self-destructs with everyone thinking they are the "chosen one" - Bill comes out of it and gets his senses back once the Lilyth blood is gone and all the other crazy vamps are dead. The faeries kill Russel and the reverend. They'll do it in a way that there can be a next season or not.

12. Piobaire

I notice they have most major characters gathered in one of two spots (fairy joint, the nest). I think you're probably about right, Ron. I think Eric will effectively rescue Bill.

13. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Agreed. A nice shitty little bow.

14. gort

gort Well-Known Member

I am still watching this show just out of habit. I haven't cared about the plot at all since about two seasons ago. I'm not sure why I am still watching.

15. linds_15

linds_15 Well-Known Member

feel the same way. if this was on in the fall with all the other great sunday night shows i wouldnt be watching.

16. NOLA1

NOLA1 Well-Known Member

I thought the book of fucking Lilith wanted us to go out and hunt, or is there some chapter where we’re supposed to be sitting around memorizing index cards.

17. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

18. Saturdays

Saturdays Well-Known Member

That was the single greatest episode I have seen in a long time of True Blood. Finally something worthwhile to wait for. A lot of filler and bullshit to go through, but honestly.. loved the ending, and the reasoning behind Bill's change of demeanor.

Although the whole rise from pool of blood thing was kind of stupid imo. Jason was comically badass in this episode, loved that part.

Anyway, here's hoping for one last season to get this show over with.

EDIT:

Actually best part was when
    Sam shifted from a fly into a human, while he was inside one of the vampires. Fucking awesome

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  19. Saturdays

Saturdays Well-Known Member

90 second bonus scene spoilers, in case noone saw it:

[Elevator doors close]
    Jessica, to Jason: Jason, she’s going to be OK.
    [Jason's zoned out. He ain't listening.]
    Nora: We don’t have time for this. They’ll be waiting for us up there.
    [Everyone preps their weapons.]
    Tara, to Pam: You better not go and get yourself killed, you hear? ‘Cause you and I’ve got a date. It’s been a long time coming
    Pam: If that’s not an impetus to survive, I don’t know what is.
    [Hot.]
    [Jason rocks back and forth like a crazy person. In an "interactive feature," we can see that the parentals are using elevator time to feed him a little nonsense. Dad: "You got 11 of them, champ. We counted." Mom: "Eleven soul-less fangers dead for good. I'm so proud of you." Dad: "You just keep taking them out until you get that motherf--ker Warlow." Mom: "Language!" Dad: "You've got four of them here. Easy pickin's."]
    Jessica, to Jason: You OK, Jason?
    [Jason looks around the elevator, still lost in his parents' words. He looks like he could shoot everyone in the elevator at any second. The elevator doors open just in time.]
    Vamps: [threatening hiss as they prep for battle.]
    [The room seems empty...then a vamp goes for them. BAM! Jason gets it. And they start to go up a staircase.]
    Jason: I’m coming for you, Warlow.
    Nora: Warlow?! What do you know about Warlow?
    [Jason turns toward Nora...]
    [Fade to black]

20. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Well-Known Member

Billith :laugh:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012