• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Triple Works

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sneak Peak - - Blue Owl Workshop x Triple Works "Sulfur Dyed" Black Raw Selvedge Tapered Denim
bwxtw1.JPG

Coming this fall, Blue Owl is proud to introduce our first collaborative project with Japanese denim company Triple Works - - "Sulfur Dyed" Black Raw Selvedge Tapered Denim. This limited edition run is Triple Works' first black denim and will be featured in our stores most popular cut, the men's tapered leg. Here are some of the features:
- 15 oz sulfur dyed black denim fabric
- Limited edition
- Hidden back pocket rivets
- Triple Works engraved hardware
- Doughnut buttons
- Double lined cotton pocket bags
- Chainstitched hems
- Deer Skin Patch
- Triple Works signature hidden stitching along the back pockets
- Sizes 28 to 36
- Made in Japan
bwxtw2.JPG

The "sulfur dyed" black denim fabric is nearly identical to Triple Works' "future indigo" denim fabric and above is a side by side comparison. The "sulfur dyed" denim is a 15 oz black denim fabric with a warp which is sulfur dyed in black and a white weft. This black denim will fade the same as the indigo, although not as quickly. More details to come in the very near future!

StopPolloition

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out the maximum amount of stretch that these Triple Works 15 oz jeans have? I have a pair I've worn about 5-10 times, mostly around the house, and it hasn't budged even the slightest bit. Usually at this point I've gotten a good inch of stretch. I have the 3240 in future indigo. They were 34 in the waist when new and I was hoping they'd stretch to about 36. Is this unrealistic? My previous pairs were RRL and APC and they stretched a good 2" or so.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StopPolloition
Has anyone figured out the maximum amount of stretch that these Triple Works 15 oz jeans have? I have a pair I've worn about 5-10 times, mostly around the house, and it hasn't budged even the slightest bit. Usually at this point I've gotten a good inch of stretch. I have the 3240 in future indigo. They were 34 in the waist when new and I was hoping they'd stretch to about 36. Is this unrealistic? My previous pairs were RRL and APC and they stretched a good 2" or so.

I would have normally recommended a 1" stretch after 30 wears for that fabric. You can get there, but expect to more effort into it!

StopPolloition

Reaction score
Maybe I'll have to hit the treadmill more often.
tounge.gif
If I use the treadmill while wearing the jeans, maybe they'll stretch out faster too.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StopPolloition
Maybe I'll have to hit the treadmill more often.
tounge.gif
If I use the treadmill while wearing the jeans, maybe they'll stretch out faster too.

Another thing that you could do to to soak the waistband, stretch my hand, and then "stretch-to-fit."

I've been known to deep knee squat wearing new jeans.

StopPolloition

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Another thing that you could do to to soak the waistband, stretch my hand, and then "stretch-to-fit."

I've been known to deep knee squat wearing new jeans.

Great tip! Thanks. I dipped the waistband in a sink of cold water. Pulled the waistband taut by hand for a bit, then did some squats in them and went out to eat pizza. Jeans are wearable now, although after the pizza it started to get pretty tight again. I hope to get a little bit more stretch out of them, or I'll have to run more.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
TW047.jpg

Blue Owl is proud to introduce our first collaborative project with Japanese denim company Triple Works - - "Sulfur Dyed" Black Raw Selvedge Tapered Denim. This limited edition run is Triple Works' first black denim and is featured in our stores most popular cut, the men's tapered leg. The fabric is woven on vintage shuttle looms with a blend of Pima cotton and sulpher dyed weft. The fabric will fade similar to indigo denim, though not as fast.
7999701.5b.jpg
7999701.2b.jpg

7999701.3b.jpg
7999701.4b.jpg

Triple Works x Blue Owl Workshop "Sulpher Dyed" Black Raw Selvedge Denim Tapered - $295
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7999701
- Made in Japan
- 100% cotton (blend of Pima cotton which will soften with wear)
- Woven on vintage shuttle looms
- Warp sulpher dyed
- Red & white selvedge
- Deer skin patch
- Doughnut button fly with bronze anodized hardware
- Back pocket hidden rivets
- Pima lined back pockets
- Triple Works signature back pocket sitching which is hidden until after significant wear
7999701.11b.jpg
7999701.7b.jpg

7999701.6b.jpg
7999701.9b.jpg

More information can be seen in our latest blogpost at http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/...-workshop.html

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
look awesome!

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Back in stock! Triple Works Men's Tapered Raw Selvedge Denim. Available in "Future Indigo" or "Permanent Indigo".

Triple Works Men's Raw Selvedge Denim Tapered in "Permanent Indigo"- $260
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7999800
- "Permanent Indigo" will show more defined fades with prolonged wear
- 15oz selvedge one wash fabric
- Made in Japan
- 100% cotton
- Red & white selvedge
- Triple Works signature back pocket sitching which is hidden until after significant wear
7999973.1b.jpg
7999973.5b.jpg

Triple Works Men's Raw Selvedge Denim Tapered in "Future Indigo"- $260
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7999801
- "Future Indigo" will show fading much faster
- 15oz selvedge one wash fabric
- Made in Japan
- 100% cotton
- Red & white selvedge
7999972.1b.JPG
7999972.2b.JPG

7999973.4b.JPG

"Future indigo" and "permanent indigo" look identical. The denim uses the same 15oz selvedge fabric, the only difference is the indigo and how the fabric will lose the indigo with wear. The "future indigo" will start to show fading after only a few months or wear. "Permanent indigo" will show more defined fades, but expect to wear the denim much longer.
7999972.6b.JPG
7999972.4b.JPG

7999973.8b.jpg
7999972.10b.JPG

More information can be seen in our latest blogpost at http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/...-japanese.html

seraphn

Reaction score
Can anyone chime in on how Triple works compares to Somet in terms of fit/fabric/construction?

The measurements seem similar for the skinny models - even though the triple works is listed as "medium rise" on Blue Owl.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seraphn
Can anyone chime in on how Triple works compares to Somet in terms of fit/fabric/construction?

The measurements seem similar for the skinny models - even though the triple works is listed as "medium rise" on Blue Owl.

Which Somet model are you comparing? Construction you can compare to Iron Heart products as a frame of reference (same designers, factory, and similar details).

TW has a fairly low rise (I call medium rise). Fit is slightly slimmer than the Somet XX-008. TW fabrics are heavier, tighter weave, and will not stretch as much or as quickly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads