1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Triple Works

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jay-D, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

Our first shipment from Triple Works has arrived. We will stock 2 men's cuts and 2 women's cuts. The men's styles are a tapered leg that is available in "future indigo" or "permenant indigo" and a straight leg available in "future indigo". The women's cuts are a boyfriend cut that is 100% cotton in "future indigo" and a slim cut that is 98% cotton and 2% polyurethane in "future indigo". All styles will be on our website shortly.

Here are details about the men's tapered leg in "future indigo":

From Works Corp., the maker of Iron Heart denim, we introduce Triple Works, a Japanese denim brand located in Okayama. Compared to Iron Heart that focuses on extra heavy weight 21 oz denim, Triple Works focuses on regular to slightly heavy weight denims for men and women.
    Triple Works denims are woven on old shuttle loom in Japan to create selvedge, rope dyed with pure indigo, and available in styles with different fading time.
    * This denim is made with "Future Indigo" which is faster fading than normal indigo
    * 15 oz weight
    * Tapered (slim) leg with a medium rise
    * One wash fabric ready to wear (shrinking on these will be minimal)
    * Triple Works signature hidden stitching along back pockets which can only be seen after wear
    * Hidden back pocket rivets
    * Triple Works engraved hardware
    * Red selvedge
    * Chainstitched hems
    * Doughnut buttons
    * Double lined cotton pocket pages
    * 100% cotton
    * Made in Japan
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    More information on the tapered model in "future indigo", click here: http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7999972

Other models will be posted on our site shortly.

2. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

Triple Works "Permenant Indigo" vs. "Future Indigo".

We stock the tapered version in both "permenant indigo" and "future indigo". "Future Indigo" is photographed in previous post. Here are a couple pictures to show the denims together. The fabrics, details, cut, and fit look identical in photograph and in person. The only difference is the way they will fade where "permenant indigo" will hold its dye much longer.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7999973

3. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

4. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

saw these on the blog the other day, look great

5. Johnny5

Johnny5 Well-Known Member

Are the sizing measured using BIG method? Cause they seems to run small

6. constantine.

constantine. Well-Known Member

What size is the model wearing in the tapered leg fit pic?

7. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

Are the sizing measured using BIG method? Cause they seems to run small

I am pretty sure we use the same method. You can look at our blog to see details on how we measure.

What size is the model wearing in the tapered leg fit pic?

31.....model is 6' 162 lbs

8. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Well-Known Member

9. Johnny5

Johnny5 Well-Known Member

How is the texture on the future denim? Hairy? Slubby?

10. pekklemon

pekklemon Well-Known Member

do they stretch much at all?

11. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

How is the texture on the future denim? Hairy? Slubby?

Nice looking fabric, more polished. Here are a couple close up shots of the "future indigo". The "permentant indigo" looks the same.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

do they stretch much at all?

Since this is basically a new product, I am not sure about amount of stretch but I would guess about 1/2" or maybe a bit more after a few weeks of wear.

12. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

I have a bit more information about the company behind Triple Works.

The original line of Triple Works was started by Works Inc, which is the parent company of Iron heart and was recently sold to TSS, which is a denim mill and distro company from Okayama. The head of TSS used to work for Studio D'Artisan for 5 years and now is heading Triple Works.
    Part of the direction and design of Triple Works is by Shinichi Haraki which also has done design for Hysteric Glammour's denim line.

13. dragonz

dragonz Well-Known Member

14. constantine.

constantine. Well-Known Member

Does Triple Works offer any other cuts? If so, can Atsui order em? Looking for something in between the two men's cuts you have.

15. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

Does Triple Works offer any other cuts? If so, can Atsui order em? Looking for something in between the two men's cuts you have.

So far, there isn't an in between model that is available for the US. They currently have a the straight, tapered, and a skinny cut. We are stocking the straight and the tapered. The skinny cut looks close to a KMW Rocker, but I have not seen it in person yet. I am considering adding this for fall.

16. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

Sneak Peak - - Blue Owl Workshop x Triple Works "Sulfur Dyed" Black Raw Selvedge Tapered Denim
    [​IMG]
    Coming this fall, Blue Owl is proud to introduce our first collaborative project with Japanese denim company Triple Works - - "Sulfur Dyed" Black Raw Selvedge Tapered Denim. This limited edition run is Triple Works' first black denim and will be featured in our stores most popular cut, the men's tapered leg. Here are some of the features:
    - 15 oz sulfur dyed black denim fabric
    - Limited edition
    - Hidden back pocket rivets
    - Triple Works engraved hardware
    - Doughnut buttons
    - Double lined cotton pocket bags
    - Chainstitched hems
    - Deer Skin Patch
    - Triple Works signature hidden stitching along the back pockets
    - Sizes 28 to 36
    - Made in Japan
    [​IMG]
    The "sulfur dyed" black denim fabric is nearly identical to Triple Works' "future indigo" denim fabric and above is a side by side comparison. The "sulfur dyed" denim is a 15 oz black denim fabric with a warp which is sulfur dyed in black and a white weft. This black denim will fade the same as the indigo, although not as quickly. More details to come in the very near future!

17. StopPolloition

StopPolloition Well-Known Member

Has anyone figured out the maximum amount of stretch that these Triple Works 15 oz jeans have? I have a pair I've worn about 5-10 times, mostly around the house, and it hasn't budged even the slightest bit. Usually at this point I've gotten a good inch of stretch. I have the 3240 in future indigo. They were 34 in the waist when new and I was hoping they'd stretch to about 36. Is this unrealistic? My previous pairs were RRL and APC and they stretched a good 2" or so.

18. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

Has anyone figured out the maximum amount of stretch that these Triple Works 15 oz jeans have? I have a pair I've worn about 5-10 times, mostly around the house, and it hasn't budged even the slightest bit. Usually at this point I've gotten a good inch of stretch. I have the 3240 in future indigo. They were 34 in the waist when new and I was hoping they'd stretch to about 36. Is this unrealistic? My previous pairs were RRL and APC and they stretched a good 2" or so.

I would have normally recommended a 1" stretch after 30 wears for that fabric. You can get there, but expect to more effort into it!

19. StopPolloition

StopPolloition Well-Known Member

Maybe I'll have to hit the treadmill more often. [​IMG] If I use the treadmill while wearing the jeans, maybe they'll stretch out faster too.

20. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Maybe I'll have to hit the treadmill more often. [​IMG] If I use the treadmill while wearing the jeans, maybe they'll stretch out faster too.

Another thing that you could do to to soak the waistband, stretch my hand, and then "stretch-to-fit."

I've been known to deep knee squat wearing new jeans.