1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by rkusmant, May 4, 2011.

1. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Burgundy scotch grain with natural welt and red Dainite?

2. rainbowgrease

rainbowgrease Well-Known Member

Thumbs up!

Burgundy scotch grain.
    Natural welt.
    Red Dainite sole.
    Brass eyelets?
    Purple or blue pull tabs, purple or blue lining?

3. Baldrick

Baldrick Well-Known Member

Will it be an Eaton boot on 4444 last?? tbh the more i see the pics, more appealing scotch grain becomes. Not sure if its cauz burgundy shoes are in black background. I have already got few cordovans in burgundy/color8, atm I am more in favor of scotch grain but will see how this thread develops.

4. rainbowgrease

I propose a stow on 4444 last.
    I have never seen an Eaton in burgundy or stoch grain except for the one on Frans Boone website:

[​IMG]
    Which also carries a ridiculous price.

5. roadway

roadway Member

I might be interested, but too many colours I would have thought. If it is a red Dainite sole would red lining and tabs be better?

6. rainbowgrease

yeah maybe orange lining and pull tabs for better contrast?
    I was getting my inspiration from the boot below, as you can see the blue is quite nice.

[​IMG]

7. roadway

roadway Member

Went looking for a burgundy with a blue pull, but found this pull tab instead :)

[​IMG]

8. rainbowgrease

That's a nice boot. I wonder if striped pull tabs are available on Shoehealer's MTO program.

9. Baldrick

This is a wicked make up, will be even better in burgundy with medallion brouging,

1 person likes this.
  10. Baldrick

11. rainbowgrease

I agreed 100% 7 Brass eyelets and burgundy would be awesome.
    So are we leaning more towards on an Eaton?
    - This forum is crazy about Eaton.

12. rainbowgrease

We may have a winner!
    Looks just like the boot you described, quite gorgeous may I add.

[​IMG]

13. roadway

roadway Member

It does indeed.

14. Jonny Cooper

Jonny Cooper Active Member

Hi guys.

There are some very nice ideas for future MTO's on here & great photos of what have already been made.

One, and not the only one good thing about living in Doncaster, is the fact that I am 10 minutes from Shoehealer & will be in the shop tomorrow to collect my pair of Tricker's Stow in Coffee Burnished.

I know that Richard keeps up with his email correspondence very well but please feel free to dm me any questions or requests for photos of shoes, boots, the shop or even the staff & I will do my best.

One question I will ask is re the striped pull tabs that have been mentioned.

I enjoy looking at your ideas & hope the Iris Cordovan makes a reappearance as I love mine,although controversially I had the Commando Soles replaced with Rendenbach leather soles by Shoehealer.

I did post photos on here for those that haven't seen the process & results.

I may be opening the flood gates here but as I am lucky enough to be in the shop with Richard tomorrow I will do my best to ask any questions on your behalf.

Jonny.

15. ducky

ducky Well-Known Member

I would follow any group going for Eaton in scotch grain or Stow in 4444 (Kelmscott if Im correct) :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  16. rainbowgrease

I am in!

17. jomcatta

jomcatta Member

Hi guys,

A couple of months ago, I bought a pair of coffee burnished Eaton from Richard. I really love the boots but they are UK12 and after a bit of wearing I realized they are half size too big. I would like to try to sell them in order to join one of your next MTOs. Could anybody recommend me how/where should I try to sell them? I have also Tricker's shoe trees.

Thanks.

18. westie187

westie187 Well-Known Member

I might be interested in those. Could you private message me with details and pics?

19. Baldrick

We may have a winner!
    Looks just like the boot you described, quite gorgeous may I add.

[​IMG]

A winner indeed, my o my, cant decide to go for stow or eaton, too bad that cant do them both. I am still tilting toward eaton as I dont have one, but if majority opts for stow, I will abide. At this point consider me 80% in (still waiting for Acorn captoe mto to be delivered, ParcelForce still hasnt shipped it from England...urgh....but that was expected), hoping I dont get taxed on it by CRA (which ends up almost 40% including import duties) I will jump all over this MTO.

20. ravn

ravn Active Member

I might be interested in the scotch grain on a 4444 last. I do prefer Eaton but I can go for any other model as long as it is with a straight toe cap. (I guess that is the same as Eaton or Herman :))
    Medalion or no medalion... I vote for no medalion.

If it is on a red Dainite sole I prefer the linning to be of a similar colour and not blue. I already got two pairs with an orange lining so maybee red linning and pull tab?

But I let you guys decide, I`m on the sideline on this MTO and will see how it develops.

I haven`t got my Eaton Acorn Antique yet so I am hoping a width 5 will fit, my other MTO is on a 4444 last with a width 6. I`am thinking that a width 5 will fitt without my usual insoles and not wearing heavy socks, so the plan is to use the width 5 pairs when it not so cold. The temprature drop where I live from summer to winter is normaly approx 40-45 celsius.