1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DNW

DNW Well-Known Member

I would like to voice my displeasure with some of the whining here.

The idea of asking for a thread to be locked because you don't want to be made fun of strikes me as a really bad precedent. We all have ot own up to what we say and if some of us are going to use SF as our own private Dear Abby, then they should be ready for the comments they get. The same goes for people who report posts because their feelings get hurt. Reporting posts seems best used for issues like Miguel Antonio's stupid Italian name comments about Gaziano.

OK, that is all.

+1.

2. JetBlast

JetBlast Well-Known Member

I asked for it to be locked because I didn't want it to turn into a disaster like the first thread I posted a while back regarding the same issues.

I am just fine with a bit of ribbing, but when people start making personal insults toward myself, friends and family, as Ed did, that's when it stops.

JB

3. dopey

dopey Well-Known Member

So what was the hilarious but ban-worthy observation?

4. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

I asked for it to be locked because I didn't want it to turn into a disaster like the first thread I posted a while back regarding the same issues.

I am just fine with a bit of ribbing, but when people start making personal insults toward myself, friends and family, as Ed did, that's when it stops.

JB

Nobody was insulting to your family and friends. Grow up and learn how to deal with other guys. It is a lesson you need to learn in life.

About this, I am also curious.

5. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

Who got banned?

6. tiger02

tiger02 Well-Known Member

JB

One definition of insanity is to repeat an action and expect a different result.

7. EL72

EL72 Well-Known Member

8. JetBlast

JetBlast Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same, it didn't seem like anyone got kicked out. Nothing that happened in that thread was enough for a ban IMO.

JB

9. CTGuy

CTGuy Well-Known Member

I have requested J place me in voluntary time out for the rest of the week. I can't handle this crazy place any more. [​IMG]

10. j

j Well-Known Member

I've timed out CTGuy for being a wuss and asking to be timed out.

I banned hchamp because he was lightsky who had been banned before. I was enjoying watching him dig the biggest dbag-hole in SF history, but when I checked IPs I decided it was enough.

11. Brian278

Brian278 Well-Known Member

I banned hchamp because he was lightsky who had been banned before. I was enjoying watching him dig the biggest dbag-hole in SF history, but when I checked IPs I decided it was enough.

I'm sort of surprised it took that long, but thank you.

12. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Well-Known Member

I've timed out CTGuy for being a wuss and asking to be timed out. I banned hchamp because he was lightsky who had been banned before. I was enjoying watching him dig the biggest dbag-hole in SF history, but when I checked IPs I decided it was enough.
    link please!!

13. j

j Well-Known Member

14. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

I always felt that LS was one of our finest posters. I had no idea that he was HChamp and that shows what a quality troll he really is.

15. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

I hear ed has a uranic member.

How does my member and me (good name for a sitcom, BTW) get mentioned in threads that we are not even a part of [​IMG]

JB

There were no personal insults.

16. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Thank god for banning him. He was a terrible/insulting poster from the first thread IIRC. Sometimes i wish this place was more like sufu because they usually keep people like him from thinking that they're welcome and usually they leave after a few days/weeks.

17. j

j Well-Known Member

I didn't get any reported posts so I wasn't watching him, and apparently missed him until this tirade about the nose studs. If people want things to be done differently, they have to tell us.

18. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Oh, i understand. In his very first thread he was rather insulting to members and then again in pretty much every thread he was in. I forget all about the report button most the time, but it's not a big deal. You moderate fairly.

19. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

How does my member and me (good name for a sitcom, BTW) get mentioned in threads that we are not even a part of [​IMG]
    C'mon, I can't pass up a uranus joke...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.