1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

Gotta love it, eh? A bunch of redneck non-Jews running their mouths about something their pappy probably told them was a lie.

Don't be an asshole.

2. Jekyll

Jekyll Well-Known Member

Gotta love it, eh? A bunch of redneck non-Jews running their mouths about something their pappy probably told them was a lie.

Pretty sure ARW is Jewish.

Point was, no one has a right to joke about things like the Holocaust (even if I were to have had no knowledge of the Holocaust, my remarks are still valid, human suffering and loss of life really isn't funny).

I think there's a difference between saying death and suffering is funny and saying funny things about death and suffering. I don't know.

3. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

Oh and Moo, it seems that the LAST thing Jews would want is every non-Jew to stop talking or having an opinion about the holocaust.

4. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

This discussion of who gets to say what is the dumbest conversation in the history of dumb.

5. aportnoy

aportnoy Well-Known Member

This discussion of who gets to say what is the dumbest conversation in the history of dumb.

You are underestimating the dumbness that can be found here. Just wait, I'm sure something will surpass this anytime now.

6. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Well-Known Member

+10000000

7. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Well-Known Member

Hey, go read my amnesia threak. I poasted a picture of ICBM's from teh 1960's just for you. [​IMG]

8. Gravitas

Gravitas Well-Known Member

I think there's a difference between saying death and suffering is funny and saying funny things about death and suffering. I don't know.
    Yes, I did generalize a bit in the sake of speed, I don't think that dark humor is bad, just certain topics are always in bad taste. This is something that I wanted to get at though:
    I really hate the movement towards segregation of thought/words that so many seem inclined towards (rather hypocritically might I add). It is rather contrary to a goal of race relations and such. I've said this before about the word "faggot." I sort of fear it may become a word only okay for gays to use. As much as I hate being called a faggot, I think the idea that only certain individuals may use the word is ridiculous. Instead of getting to the bottom of the problem, which is hate and discrimination in the form of stereotypes we merely make it taboo to use the term. Either everyone should be able to use a term, or no one, simple as that. I thought he was out of line, and I called him out on it.

9. dah328

dah328 Well-Known Member

It's part of the effect of DT on the whole forum. Rarely does any one person post something so far over the line as to invite banning, but each of the increasingly frequent incidents of stupid moves the whole forum inexorably towards DT.

10. Jekyll

Jekyll Well-Known Member

Is there a way to set a cap on the amount posts per day that members can make in a specific subforum?

11. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

The foof's wife threak got killed while I was in the middle of reading it.
    Let me just say, that for the most part, I find Metro pretty funny and a nice guy just dumbing it up b/c we're all bored and lonely. But that thread was despicable. Way over the line. Whichever mod decided to can it just now made a smart choice.

12. GQgeek

GQgeek Well-Known Member

Hey, go read my amnesia threak. I poasted a picture of ICBM's from teh 1960's just for you. [​IMG]

Don't think anyone wants to look at pics of 1960s "ICBMs" except for you and gosurface, even if they do suffer from amnesia. [​IMG]

13. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

fuck, I get on a 3 hour plane ride and everything dissappears?!? WTF?

can anybody tell me what happened to the pierce brosnan wife thread?

14. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

It's part of the effect of DT on the whole forum. Rarely does any one person post something so far over the line as to invite banning, but each of the increasingly frequent incidents of stupid moves the whole forum inexorably towards DT.

I'm only commenting on DT as whole and over the course of it's existence, not on any one thread, but it is not with any exageration that I say that there have been many worse and despicable posts made in the CEsspool, and not by any of the regular DT denizens. The not so veiled bigotry against blacks and muslims, the constant belittling and ridiculing of those with religious beliefs etc etc. DT is the boys high school locker room. CE is supposed to be the Teacher's Lounge. CE is quite often a more digusting place than DT.

15. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

I'm only commenting on DT as whole and over the course of it's existence, not on any one thread, but it is not with any exageration that I say that there have been many worse and despicable posts made in the CEsspool, and not by any of the regular DT denizens. The not so veiled bigotry against blacks and muslims, the constant belittling and ridiculing of those with religious beliefs etc etc. DT is the boys high school locker room. CE is supposed to be the Teacher's Lounge. CE is quite often a more digusting place than DT.

They are both equally bad. Which is why I really post in either one, and have been trying to avoid both of them like the poison that they are. The clothing, health, EC, General, and Design + Auto are more personally rewarding, both in terms of knowledge and mental sprit.

16. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

They are both equally bad. Which is why I really post in either one, and have been trying to avoid both of them like the poison that they are. The clothing, health, EC, General, and Design + Auto are more personally rewarding, both in terms of knowledge and mental sprit.

I am not going to give you an argument, but the Health and Body forum is disgusting in its own way. How many "how do you trim your pubes" or "my balls smell bad" threaks do we need?

17. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Some dude is shitting all over SW+D.

18. imageWIS

I am not going to give you an argument, but the Health and Body forum is disgusting in its own way. How many "how do you trim your pubes" or "my balls smell bad" threaks do we need?

Well, in the world of the interwebz, most people are unable to utilize the 'search' feature, thus repetitive threads occur constantly, and will continue to do so.

19. imageWIS

20. texas_jack

texas_jack Well-Known Member

Some dude is shitting all over SW+D.

jeasus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.