• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
If I had a vote, I would vote to take them down.
In the meantime, pm whoever is hosting the images to delete them. It shouldn't take you more than ten minutes.

I hope you realise that this will not delete the images from the intertube's memory.. it can always be recovered.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lady Canuker
+1 I have to agree, she either knew exactly what she was doing or shouldn't be allowed out or on the net unsupervised.
So I guess it's OK for everyone on here to release the names and contact information for anyone they did any business with on styleforum right? and how does anything she did justify what others did? where is there even a connection? Guys, it was a bonehead decision. We all do a lot of stupid things but this went beyond stupid and into straight-up malicious. It really says a lot about someone's character that they would do that.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
it's not blaming the victim (or justifying stalking her), but she herself posted pics to the examiner website and her name, nobody really was doing any 'searching' at that point...

That's her choice to identify herself and her articles- and it's not necessarily showing the judgment of a 6 year old. As I noted, several posters here are far from anonymous and they don't get the treatment she got.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
That's her choice to identify herself and her articles- and it's not necessarily showing the judgment of a 6 year old. As I noted, several posters here are far from anonymous and they don't get the treatment she got.

Did you follow the thread? It wasn't simply posting her resume on the internet that was the problem. It was the way she presented herself and the kind of banter she engaged in. A sensible, non-troll would have cut off the conversation and headed for the hills.

BTW, I am not excusing what people did in response. I am just saying that she was either a troll or a moron.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
So I guess it's OK for everyone on here to release the names and contact information for anyone they did any business with on styleforum right? and how does anything she did justify what others did? where is there even a connection? Guys, it was a bonehead decision. We all do a lot of stupid things but this went beyond stupid and into straight-up malicious. It really says a lot about someone's character that they would do that.
It was super creepy as well. Really no excuse in my opinion. BTW, don't piss me off, or your info goes public, or worse, to Artisan Fan.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you follow the thread? It wasn't simply posting her resume on the internet that was the problem. It was the way she presented herself and the kind of banter she engaged in. A sensible, non-troll would have cut off the conversation and headed for the hills.

BTW, I am not excusing what people did in response. I am just saying that she was either a troll or a moron.

I did read the thread - she seemed rather normal to me, maybe trying to shill her blog/articles a little. Don't know if she was a troll or not, but your insults here are hardly justified. stupid, 6 year-old, moron? If you think that's warranted, maybe you should also start throwing insults directly at the many SF posters who engage in the same quality of "banter".

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I did read the thread - she seemed rather normal to me, maybe trying to shill her blog/articles a little. Don't know if she was a troll or not, but your insults here are hardly justified. stupid, 6 year-old, moron? If you think that's warranted, maybe you should also start throwing insults directly at the many SF posters who engage in the same quality of "banter".
I think the people who post like that here do so deliberately and make an effort to separate the internet from their real life, both in terms of substance and emotional involvement. The ones who do not deserve the same epithets, though they are usually kids to begin with. I suppose I spoke harshly of her because she really is an adult that should know better than to engage a bunch of strangers with details of her personal life the way she did. BTW, I didn't insult her directly, either (except when I assumed it was one of those scams where someone tries to raise breast implant money; I simply couldn't believe she was sincere). This was a discussion about her.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, I didn't insult her directly, either
Yes, that was part of my point.

I still don't understand your position. There are plenty of posters (adults) who share similar or even much more open details of their personal lives here (I mean, one could almost write an R-rated biography of JLib with his posts on SF) - there are tons of threads about relationships and personal lives (with contributions from non-anonymous posters). They don't get called stupid and morons. So why her? Could it be that it's all good when guys do it but a female shouldn't be doing that?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I don't think I posted in the 'Vette thread, but I remember thinking she was an obvious troll. Then I started to wonder if she were merely an emotionally immature, real person. I'll never know for sure.

I think people are a little harsh atm, due to the number of bad trolls and sock puppets.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't read the whole "my sob husband sold my car" baawwfest, only the op, and I thought it was a weak troll. So I don't know what the whole context of why she posted her dox. BUT.. BUT.. if you are going to do that in an open forum filled with unknown strangers, be prepared.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I read through the first two or three pages, posted a couple of times, and then figured it was going nowhere good from there. I figured she was either a troll or needed a reality check - and neither case was worth the effort.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, that was part of my point.

I still don't understand your position. There are plenty of posters (adults) who share similar or even much more open details of their personal lives here (I mean, one could almost write an R-rated biography of JLib with his posts on SF) - there are tons of thread about relationships and personal lives. They don't get called stupid and morons. So why her? Could it be that it's all good when guys do it but a female shouldn't be doing that?

The principal difference was that she was a stranger showing up and tossing red meat to wolves by way of introduction. That she was a woman was part of it, as her martial relationship was part of her shtick. But more importantly, she seemed to crave the attention in a way that was childish. Had this been her fifth week of posting on the forum, my reaction would have been different, but so, I guess, would have been her reception.

And many of the people that show up here asking for relationship advice do get called morons. And the ones that do so while revealing personal information to people they don't know deserve it. And as I said, most of the posters who do that are kids. Or barely into adulthood. If you think she behaved intelligently, so be it. We disagree.

And to repeat, that does not mean I think the behavior towards her was justified.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
That's totally unacceptable, is he perma-banned?

I don't remember that, but I remember some sort of nasty "Are you happy that you lie and shill for evil murderers" kind of invective. I am sure I am exaggerating, but I do recall thinking it was over the line of what should be allowed, especially outside of the CEsspool.

Lady Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They don't get called stupid and morons. So why her? Could it be that it's all good when guys do it but a female shouldn't be doing that?

I'm female, I do it and I don't get called names. But I came on to the boards slowly and I sure as hell didn't start out like that. And As for the really personal details I don't share them here.

Do I agree with others posting very personal detail about her? No, but she should have known better than to post as much about herself as she did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads